Votes: 433 81.2%
  • No

Votes: 20 3.8%
  • Not sure

Votes: 80 15.0%

• Total voters

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
i like the hire. of course i tend towards optimism anyway, cpj got our academics in order and bumped us up a notch int the win column . now we hire a good recruiting ceo type will surround himself with young vibrant coaches and better players. win. win. WIN.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Not silly at all......It is MY OPINION......and is just as valid as anyone else. I did read the article, and a 7 year commitment to a coach with 2 years total had coaching commitment is too long. It is comical after all the whining about the contract extensions for CPJ and in the past Hewitt for their accomplishments...........yet 7 years for someone that has done nothing except job jump is looked at as a great thing. :rolleyes:

Does anyone know the $$$ per year and the buyout? Or when will we know?

I think that needs to be known. A 20 year contract with a $100K per year buyout would be fine ...... by me.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I also don't like the philosophy of having a couple of years to "turn things around" That is BS.....we are coming off a 7-8 win season, with plenty of returning kids......if he is such a damn good coach, he should be able to win with what he has.....
The mindset of throwing away a couple of years is BS

I agree, if we keep Woody. If we switch to our third defense in three years, I expect things will be tougher. I’m hoping for better, always, but I’m thinking a 6-6 season wouldn’t be a disappointment, especially if we change defenses again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
Manny Diaz leaving Miami to take Temple job. So jury may be out on whether CGC makes GT better (I'm a CPJ fan and CGC will produce here), but pretty sure Manny Diaz was only thing Richt had going at Miami, so at least CGC hire makes Miami worse!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Manny Diaz leaving Miami to take Temple job. So jury may be out on whether CGC makes GT better (I'm a CPJ fan and CGC will produce here), but pretty sure Manny Diaz was only thing Richt had going at Miami, so at least CGC hire makes Miami worse!
Last year and this year that miami defense has been tough. They kept getting better prepared. Glad he s gone.

Poor old MR will have to get out of his comfort coaching mode. So much talent.
3 years ago I had a sideline pass - their wr were as big as our d e. Looked like NFL players.
Let's hope that fla ayl, fit, usf ucf keep ducking away the bling bling guys from miami