AP Top 25

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Indeed we do. I'm glad that we get the three top ten teams in the state of Georgia, though. And it seems we play Georgia better in Athens than Atlanta.

We can handle VT and Louisville on the road. And Pittsburgh.
You may be dreaming. That is 3 tough teams in a hostile situation!

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Our schedule will be tougher than any of y’all are stating. We will have to play #20, #8, #3, #2 two times. That doesn’t even count playing most likely another #2 and #1 before all is said and done. ;)

Because you know no one will rank us #1 till we win it all and we will almost certainly be ranked #4 heading into the playoffs.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I wouldn't include the U in the list of teams that reload. There are really only 3 and you named them. To me "reload" implies a string of (at minimum) top 10 finishes or (at maximum) frequent appearances in the playoffs.
Yes and I didn't mean to. It was a slip of the typewriting keys. What I really meant was that they were the only team we play besides Clemson that isn't trying out substantially new sides on one or the other side of the LOS. Should have said that.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I wouldn't include the U in the list of teams that reload. There are really only 3 and you named them. To me "reload" implies a string of (at minimum) top 10 finishes or (at maximum) frequent appearances in the playoffs.

I understand what you are saying if one accepts the "reload" definition.

But I think, for perhaps at least a decade, um has had as many good players as about any team we play every year. It shows what coaching can do

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Miami is a toss up in our favor given that it is a home game.
We’ve won two of the last ten in the series...

I get what you’re saying, but until we actually start beating them that’s a tough one as a fan to say it’s anything “in our favor.”

It’s very similar to the georgia series...seems like we have to play perfect to win and always blow a ton of opportunities.

Deleted member 2897

Louisville won 8 games last year and USF won 10. We play both of those on the road. 6 P5 road games this year. Similar to last year, we could play football at an extremely high level this year and still go 8-4.

Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Texas A&M, Florida, Tennessee - ZERO P5 road games OOC combined.

Said another way, Georgia Tech plays 2 more P5 OOC road games this year than Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Texas A&M, Florida, Tennessee combined.

The $EC is a scared conference.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Louisville won 8 games last year and USF won 10. We play both of those on the road. 6 P5 road games this year. Similar to last year, we could play football at an extremely high level this year and still go 8-4.

Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Texas A&M, Florida, Tennessee - ZERO P5 road games OOC combined.

Said another way, Georgia Tech plays 2 more P5 OOC road games this year than Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Texas A&M, Florida, Tennessee combined.

The $EC is a scared conference.

USF isn't Pwr5, they're AAC which is Gp5.

Deleted member 2897

USF isn't Pwr5, they're AAC which is Gp5.

Stop pointing out flaws and errors in my biased and incorrect assertions.

giphy.gif

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
We’ve won two of the last ten in the series...

I get what you’re saying, but until we actually start beating them that’s a tough one as a fan to say it’s anything “in our favor.”

It’s very similar to the georgia series...seems like we have to play perfect to win and always blow a ton of opportunities.

I have a feeling that the Miami game will be at night, cold as hell, and a whiteout, both teams will have a good record going in, Bobby Dodd will be rocking and we are going to run them into the freaking ground Laskey style.