AP Top 25

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

Yeah, VT. Also, Duke and Louisville are in the "others receiving votes" category in the coaches poll. Overall, I'm sure our schedule is in the top ten.

Pretty neat that Miami, Clemson, Virginia Tech, and Duke all play in Atlanta, and we get Georgia in our home away from home in Athens. Louisville is the only real road game.

Yeah, VT. Also, Duke and Louisville are in the "others receiving votes" category in the coaches poll. Overall, I'm sure our schedule is in the top ten.

Pretty neat that Miami, Clemson, Virginia Tech, and Duke all play in Atlanta, and we get Georgia in our home away from home in Athens. Louisville is the only real road game.
We play VT in Blacksburg

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Miami is a toss up in our favor given that it is a home game.

VT was supposedly gutted on D, but they reload and we are replacing our back 4. They get the edge as this is in Blacksburg on a Thursday night. Our guys are used to day games ; )

VT gets FS and BC (BC should be decent this year).
Miami gets FS and BC too

Beat Miami and VT all good
Beat Miami, VT loses to Miami, and VT loses to FS or BC or vice versa

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I look at our opponents and I'm not sure how tough our schedule will be. The AP always picks the usual suspects for its top 20 and then they get surprised. I look at our top 25 opponents and I see a lot of teams that are rebuilding on one or the other side of the LOS. The only bunch that appears to have most of its team coming back is da U. The assumption seems to be that the top teams will simply re-load. I think that's a valid point for Bammer, Clemson, Ohio State (provided OSU doesn't grow a spine and fire Meyer), and Miami. For the rest - including Ugag - I think the jury's out until we play some games.

Tech has the core of both its offense and defense coming back. The only question is how the new D will work out. I can't say I'm confident of a really good year, but, even with a tougher schedule, I think we have a good chance.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
. And it seems we play Georgia better in Athens than Atlanta.

The reason it seems that way is that we can actually win games against them there (3 out of last 5 iirc). I don't want to think about our record against them in Atlanta. You cannot convince me that there isn't correlation here.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The assumption seems to be that the top teams will simply re-load. I think that's a valid point for Bammer, Clemson, Ohio State (provided OSU doesn't grow a spine and fire Meyer), and Miami. For the rest - including Ugag - I think the jury's out until we play some games.

I wouldn't include the U in the list of teams that reload. There are really only 3 and you named them. To me "reload" implies a string of (at minimum) top 10 finishes or (at maximum) frequent appearances in the playoffs.