• Unranked but receiving votes

Votes: 138 51.7%
  • Unranked outright

Votes: 12 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Polls don’t mean a damn thing. But it sure is nice to have a number next to your team name!

Objectively we look like one of the better teams in the conference, but week one games are really hard to judge.

Honestly I just want to win again on Saturday. If we win the conference it’s likely we would be ranked high enough to get a first round bye even with a couple losses. All of our goals are in front of us. Just win the next game!

bucknellbison31

Jolly Good Fellow
I understand the sentiment from those saying "The rankings don't matter". I really do. That said, getting ranked is REALLY important to me, because it would represent how damn far we've come from the doldrums we were in after that fateful loss at UCF a few years ago.

Being ranked means more donations, higher attendance, and national recognition — so we should all want it!

forensicbuzz

21st Century Throwback Dad
Yeah, but we’re THERE and not at a neutral field. Home field advantage is usually real.
Right. So, with a -3.5 line, the odds makes are really thinking we're about a TD better. Home team usually gets 3 points for home-field advantage. To me that means the line would be about -6.5 on a neutral field and about -9.5 at home. Am I wrong? I could be wrong, but that's how I remember it being done.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Pre- and early-season rankings are garbage. Being ranked is good for our program. Both can be true.

Agree both are true.

The reason I don't really care about early season rankings is that the rankings are a symptom and not a cause. When we have sustained winning seasons and are ranked, then our brand will prosper. And we'd be ranked now. If we had been top 25 last season, we would be now.

Oh yeah, both fsu and clempy are overrated. Maybe they aren't too good for the ACC. But I hope they pay up and leave.

I won't be surprised if fsu gets their head out of their *** and wins. But their head has been stuck there for years.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Another drop for FSU... They continue to self-destruct and hurt our strength to schedule. That is so frustrating.
Hopefully not too many of the pollsters will hold that against us. Maybe free up a spot in the top 25 to put us into it as they drop FSU out of it.