Anyone know what to make of this ?

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
is he redshirting this year? Hasnt played since the third game, and i would hate to burn his shirt on garbage time

Not related to the topic at hand, but a sidebar on that link indicated that the UVA game will have a 12:30 kickoff. Not surprised, but definitely not happy. It will the 8th of 11 games at the early hour. Is Tech the only team to have that fate? If so, why? How about spreading it around. We are not the worst team in the conference, so there are others that should get their share of early starts too.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
His shirt has already been burned and I'm not sure why. He would've seemed like a great candidate for a redshirt year.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Taquan took snaps at QB this season. Redshirt is out the door for him this year.

His permanent position was never going to be QB outside a rash of injuries or transfers. I think he was more a bridge for the freshmen QBs getting redshirted. Wish we would have given him a "soft redshirt" or played him more at AB.

Hopefully he gets more AB snaps to close the season.

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
That really sucks. I feel like taquon is a player who can be very dangerous in space, and sitting him isn't giving him that opportunity.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm not sure what to make of it. I guess the positive look would be that he is an athletic guy we need on the field. What I really hope it doesn't mean is he is such a washout at QB that we might as well play him at A. It bothers me to no end that we have a ton of talent returning on the offense next year but no quarterback even remotely ready to start.

I'm not sure what to make of it. I guess the positive look would be that he is an athletic guy we need on the field. What I really hope it doesn't mean is he is such a washout at QB that we might as well play him at A. It bothers me to no end that we have a ton of talent returning on the offense next year but no quarterback even remotely ready to start.
MJ is "ready to start," but I'm not convinced that he is the man for the job.