Any reaction to TStan email

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
So if a business that I love continues to treat me like they don't want my business, I should just bend over (possibly ruining the Chick-fil-A sandwich in my pants) and take it? I'm not a large supporter, but I'm about number 1,100 on the AT Fund list, so I've definitely given a decent amount of money over the years to the AT Fund, Roll Call, etc. I've been going to games for over 40 years and am an alum. I love Georgia Tech as much or more than anyone on this board. My wife is a Clemson alum and we NEVER have any where close to these kinds of issues there. So for the gate staff to continuously treat the "customers" like crap is unacceptable to me and if it leads to a continued unenjoyable experience, then they should know that and know that they may not be getting any future financial support from me. I'm happy to disagree with you and if this was a retail store or restaurant or something, I'd probably just not shop there anymore. But for Georgia Tech, a place I love, to do this, is unacceptable and needs to be addressed.

Like I said, I've filled out that "Feedback" survey 20 times in the past and never gotten a call or email about it. But I mention my experience and that I may not continue my support, which includes a long term pledge to the AT Fund that is ongoing right now, and I got a call back at 9 AM. I think Todd and his staff "get it," but there are certainly some things that need to be addressed.
Lorenzo, I appreciate your contributions and honestly felt conflicted about even posting what I did. The treatment you got was unacceptable, absolutely, and it seems your threat (whether fully serious or a bluff) got the appropriate eyes on the complaint. It sounds like you're a dedicated fan and not someone the AA should be manufacturing hostility with. I'm just glad that they have been responsive.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I'm considering this. How did you make the switch? Do you just buy a box and hook it to wifi?
We bought Fire TV/Sticks for each TV and signed up for PSVue (alternatives for a "cable-like" package are Sling and DirectTV Now, each with their own benefits...PSVue has a good channel package and includes cloud DVR, which was the deciding factor for me, but misses out on Viacom channels and some networks). It takes a short time to get used to it (sports viewing unfortunately isn't as good, because it takes a little longer to switch between games), but once you do you'll forget why you ever paid standard cable prices in the first place. And then if you don't like the service you have, it's ridiculously simple to switch back and forth to find the best option for you. One thing that I kind of wish I had done...if you have good cell service at your house you can likely get a wifi device with unlimited data at a cheaper price than a standard internet only package from Comcast, and then use that for your home wifi service.

As much as I disagree with the way the dude was treated, I do have a problem with threatening to pull all your support from the GTAA over the actions of a few part-time subcontractors. It very well may have just been a bluff to get more eyes on it, but that kind of mentality rubs me the wrong way. To each their own, though.
Then what is the role of MANAGEMENT? If the GTAA gets the feedback and doesn't fix this, they shouldn't expect his support or his donations. Granted, things have been slipping for the last two athletic directors. TS needs to be given ample time to right the ship, but this fellow is a 25 year season ticket and A-T contributor. The GTAA better know that when it comes to addressing this horrendous game day experience. Sports all across the spectrum are losing "in-the-venue" fans. I understand the need for security, but the obsession with a 7 year old's Gatorade is just not worth the ill will.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Then what is the role of MANAGEMENT? If the GTAA gets the feedback and doesn't fix this, they shouldn't expect his support or his donations. Granted, things have been slipping for the last two athletic directors. TS needs to be given ample time to right the ship, but this fellow is a 25 year season ticket and A-T contributor. The GTAA better know that when it comes to addressing this horrendous game day experience. Sports all across the spectrum are losing "in-the-venue" fans. I understand the need for security, but the obsession with a 7 year old's Gatorade is just not worth the ill will.

I agree with this entirely, and think it's 100% appropriate to bring to the attention of the GTAA to fix the problem. Literally the only thing I had issue with was the "pulling support" threat, but honestly I saw that as more likely than not a means to get higher-up eyes on the complaint.

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Speaking from a personnel standpoint, I think this indicates serious issues with the training and hiring program they use. The part timers at a subcontractor thing sounds off base to me. If you had undertrained, poorly motivated employees they'd tend to under-act, particularly with things that make more work for them like wanding people or coming up with contraband. Instead you have people way overzealous for the rules to the point of causing problems. I'd also note that yours is not the only story I've heard recently with that destructive over zealousness for rules.

That has to be a problem originating in the GTAA. I mean, maybe the subcontractor is just run by and exclusively employs former hall monitors or something, but that's not likely. Far more likely is that GTAA communicated a strong priority on finding gatorades and a low priority on not angering season ticket holders. The fact that its a subcontractor argues that the communication of those priorities had to be even more clear than were it internally staffed.

I hope someone high up enough in the GTAA heard to ask the question "what the hell are we telling this subcontractor to do?"

Stray Dog THA GAWD

Jolly Good Fellow
Let me tell you, nothing absolutely nothing, will kill your business like poor customer service. I tell my wife, she tells her church circle, who tell their friends and before you can say "Papa John" half of Albany knows that I got a pizza that had the wrong toppings. GTAA better get this resolved or there will be similar results.

Funny you should mention that: I used to eat Papa Johns every week at GT, but thanks to bad customer service a while back, I haven't eaten there in years, including not touching the stuff when it's catered at frat meetings.