Any reaction to TStan email

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I was incorrect in part of what I posted earlier. My clear bag DOES say "Season ticket holder" on it. I have not used it in some time, and all I remembered it having on it was a gold GT. I checked tonight, and I was wrong. Sorry about that.

I'm a season ticket holder. Is there a special handshake you need to get one of these?

The whole thing comes across as a high school trying to pretend it's a professional operation.

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm a season ticket holder. Is there a special handshake you need to get one of these?

The whole thing comes across as a high school trying to pretend it's a professional operation.
When you buy your season tickets it’s one of the add ons you can purchase. No handshake required.

They sent me one for free 3 years ago, and then 2 years ago they sent me another one for free, but with no marking of any kind on it. I think you have to buy them now, which is stupid.

grb916

Georgia Tech Fan
They sent me one for free 3 years ago, and then 2 years ago they sent me another one for free, but with no marking of any kind on it. I think you have to buy them now, which is stupid.
Same. I believe it came with all 2014 season tix, and one year they sent me a car flag. Now they make you purchase the clear bag and they don't send any swag. For that matter, it's $20 to get printed tix sent instead of a pdf attachment. Oh well.

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Same. I believe it came with all 2014 season tix, and one year they sent me a car flag. Now they make you purchase the clear bag and they don't send any swag. For that matter, it's $20 to get printed tix sent instead of a pdf attachment. Oh well.
Don't forget the complimentary coasters you got one year. 3 of them I believe. Those were amazing.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Nothing gets my goat like bad customer service. My response to them is usually, "do you really want to die on THIS hill?"

Let me tell you, nothing absolutely nothing, will kill your business like poor customer service. I tell my wife, she tells her church circle, who tell their friends and before you can say "Papa John" half of Albany knows that I got a pizza that had the wrong toppings. GTAA better get this resolved or there will be similar results.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
As much as I disagree with the way the dude was treated, I do have a problem with threatening to pull all your support from the GTAA over the actions of a few part-time subcontractors. It very well may have just been a bluff to get more eyes on it, but that kind of mentality rubs me the wrong way. To each their own, though.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
As much as I disagree with the way the dude was treated, I do have a problem with threatening to pull all your support from the GTAA over the actions of a few part-time subcontractors. It very well may have just been a bluff to get more eyes on it, but that kind of mentality rubs me the wrong way. To each their own, though.
I don't have a problem with it at all. The excuse that they are 'part-time subcontractors' is irrelevant. Informing a business that you are unhappy with their performance and are considering another business is actually a positive and pro-active activity. In our business, we view feedback, even angry feedback, as pure gold. Only 1 in 20 customers complain, and most just move on without any communications. So what you see as a threat I see as open communications intended to help resolve the issue in order to maintain the relationship.

Do you work for Comcast or something? ;)

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
The clear bag kerfuffle did get the "Important Information for Saturday's Game" email changed; this weeks states the "Season Ticket Holder Clear Bag Policy" - allowing unopened water / food in that particular bag. That wasn't part of last week's email.

Don't worry; we still get the time consuming and useless "enhanced security" wanding!

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
For season ticket holders (plus the A-T donation), we should get all this stuff included in the price. Along with special lanes for entry, a collector's ball cap (Go Jackets! 2017: I believe) and a year's supply of Rice-a-Roni, the San Francisco treat.

I understand the rice a roni but not the rest.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I don't have a problem with it at all. The excuse that they are 'part-time subcontractors' is irrelevant. Informing a business that you are unhappy with their performance and are considering another business is actually a positive and pro-active activity. In our business, we view feedback, even angry feedback, as pure gold. Only 1 in 20 customers complain, and most just move on without any communications. So what you see as a threat I see as open communications intended to help resolve the issue in order to maintain the relationship.

Do you work for Comcast or something? ;)
I think you misunderstood me...I wasn't complaining about raising the complaint with the athletic department, because they absolutely need to work to make sure stuff like that doesn't happen and hearing first hand testimony is vitally important, only about the threat to move his full financial support to a rival school. Maybe it's just me, but I don't view GTAA as a business where I'm the customer...it's WAY deeper than that for me. I don't want to just have a good college football experience, I want a good GEORGIA TECH college football experience, so taking my support elsewhere is not even an option for me.
BTW I dropped Comcast for streaming services...SO MUCH BETTER at about half the cost!

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Fair enough, I did misunderstand. Your choice to stay loyal to the team despite the GTAA's failure to provide service is certainly a valid choice, and I think his choice is valid as well. I think it is great that he communicated that his frustration was so significant that it might cause him to switch loyalty (if he was seriously at that point and not, as you say, bluffing.)

We all have different points that would cause us to abandon a relationship with a brand or team. Sounds like yours is pretty high (which is good as a GT fan!). But make no mistake, that point exists for each of us (if the GTAA keyed my car every time I came to a game I think that'd do it for me, for instance.)

Like the old saying goes "So you agree you'd sleep with him for 10 million dollars. Okay then, I guess that makes you a prostitute. Now let's negotiate the price."

Regarding Comcast...exactly. :)

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
So if a business that I love continues to treat me like they don't want my business, I should just bend over (possibly ruining the Chick-fil-A sandwich in my pants) and take it? I'm not a large supporter, but I'm about number 1,100 on the AT Fund list, so I've definitely given a decent amount of money over the years to the AT Fund, Roll Call, etc. I've been going to games for over 40 years and am an alum. I love Georgia Tech as much or more than anyone on this board. My wife is a Clemson alum and we NEVER have any where close to these kinds of issues there. So for the gate staff to continuously treat the "customers" like crap is unacceptable to me and if it leads to a continued unenjoyable experience, then they should know that and know that they may not be getting any future financial support from me. I'm happy to disagree with you and if this was a retail store or restaurant or something, I'd probably just not shop there anymore. But for Georgia Tech, a place I love, to do this, is unacceptable and needs to be addressed.

Like I said, I've filled out that "Feedback" survey 20 times in the past and never gotten a call or email about it. But I mention my experience and that I may not continue my support, which includes a long term pledge to the AT Fund that is ongoing right now, and I got a call back at 9 AM. I think Todd and his staff "get it," but there are certainly some things that need to be addressed.

plangineer

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm considering this. How did you make the switch? Do you just buy a box and hook it to wifi?
Yep, you have to buy some sort of device such as a Roku, Google Chromecast, Fire TV, etc. Some newer TVs / Blu-Rays also support streaming but that is more costly. I think SlingTV is running a promotion where if you pay so many months in advance (2 or 3?) you get a free Roku, which is a pretty nice deal. There's quite a few articles explaining the pros and cons of the various devices and the different streaming services.

We're waiting for our cable contract to end then we're going to switch to streaming only too.