Any reaction to TStan email

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
regarding stadium entrance procedures?

I read it as "All is well", with perhaps a touch of be sure to use all available gates.

My issue was the scanners not working. Nothing mentioned.

I was also curious about the propriety of vendors asking for tips. Nothing mentioned.

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
Has anyone ever gotten an email from the AD after a game before? I took the survey that was sent and gave my input. To me, the fact that the email was sent was interesting.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Can someone post the email? Suddenly, every team in town is on the survey train to Hell :D
As we prepare for our ACC opener against Pittsburgh this Saturday, I wanted to take a moment to address feedback we received following the Jacksonville State game.

Many of you reached out to us about issues entering Bobby Dodd Stadium at our first home game. Your experience at every Georgia Tech event is important to us, so we will be making adjustments to ensure a smoother process.

Here are a few reminders:

1) Please make sure you are familiar with items that are allowed into the stadium.

2) Bobby Dodd Stadium gates open 90 minutes prior to kickoff, so enter early when possible and avoid the spikes we see as we get close to kickoff. Please download the GT Gameday app for real-time notifications and alerts.

3) Based on our data, the majority of fans enter the stadium less than 20 minutes before kickoff. More than half of our fans enter at four of our ten gates: Gates 4 & 7 (Callaway Plaza), Gate 9 (Techwood) and Gate 10 (North Avenue). To ease entry congestion, try to enter the stadium a few minutes earlier at the gate closest to your seat location.

While bag checks and metal detection are extra steps when entering, your safety at Bobby Dodd Stadium is our highest priority.

As always, we greatly appreciate your support of Georgia Tech and our student-athletes.

Go Jackets!

d93b15c8c12815f23f4e082335ecfc86.jpg

Todd Stansbury

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I got the email and found it "ok". Why just ok? Until recently (when I downshifted), I ran large, multi-national businesses. Whenever we instituted a change - particularly one that affected customers - we planned in advance for what the change was, execution issues, and responses/recovery scenarios.

Seems to me that TStan launched this new gate process without doing any preplanning. "Hey guys - let's use untested scanners at the gates, don't tell anyone, and expect them to make it to their seats on time. Oh yeah ... since most are using their phones to store tickets in their digital wallets, the phones could even run out of power before they make it to the gate. Go Jackets!"

Now, he's apologizing for a bungled first stab at security.

Here's my beef. Tech is one of the top STEM universities in the world. Our IE program has been ranked number one for what, 50 years? And we still can't figure out how to manage e a queue?

Seems to me a missed opportunity to showcase just how good Tech is ... on the field, in the lab, and in the classroom.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
I have typically filled out the "Feedback" surveys that are sent out and noted any issues I had at the game and never got a response back. This weekend I not only filled it out, but also copied the whole thing to Todd telling him why my frustration with the gate security and concession people had reached a point where I may just give up my 25 year season football tickets and 15 year basketball tickets and start financially supporting my wife's alma mater, Clemson. It seems like there is an issue at almost every game I attend and both home games this year were the same. I stood in line for 20 minutes at Jax State game and moved 3'. Finally went to another gate and got in fairly quickly.

At the Pitt game, I was late due to my son's soccer game, which I coach and started at 11:30. So, the easy thing would've been to just go home and watch it as we knew we were going to miss the first quarter. But we decided to go to the game and support the team. So at around 1 PM we get our bag checked, we were all wanded (including my 7 and 4 year old) and then got our tickets scanned. As we're walking in, a CSC security guy tells me I can't bring any food or drinks in my clear bag because it doesn't say "season ticket holder" on it. Ok, my fault, I grabbed the wrong (smaller) clear bag. No big deal, I'm a season ticket holder, he'll understand that my kids' gatorades and mini-muffins from the post soccer game snack are no big deal and will let me through. I mean, it's not like I hid a CFA sandwich in my pants. But no, he didn't believe I was a season ticket holder and asked to see my ticket to see if it said "season ticket holder," which of course if didn't. I had to go to his supervisor who told me to call the ticket office to get the correct bag on Monday. I told him I'd brought the same bag in multiple times and we're talking about a Gatorade and mini muffins. After going back and forth for 5 minutes he finally said I could bring in EITHER the drinks or the muffins. Why one or the other? No clue. There was no logic, no customer service. Nothing helpful. So I throw away the muffins and walk back through the gate and get called out again for the drinks and have to explain that I had already been through this with the supervisor.

I get to my seats and am telling my family about my bad experience and my sister, who is neither an alum or a season ticket holder, but was there because my niece is a current student, shows me her non-season ticket holder clear bag that is full of drinks, snacks, popcorn, candy, etc. and she says that they didn't even look at it. Now I'm really pissed.

So Sunday night I filled out the "Feedback" email and sent a strongly worked email to Todd. I got an email from a GTAA higher up at 9:10 AM. He called me later Monday afternoon and said he has discussed my email and four others about how bad the "service" was at the gate and other issues with Todd and several other staff members for several hours and wanted to see how he could make it right. I was pissed and he got it, understood the lack of customer service and logic of trying not to piss off a customer. Any customer.... a season ticket holder, a first time visitor, anyone. I literally told them I was about done with my support for GTAA and was prepared to financially support Clemson from now on as we don't have these problems there, where we also have season tickets. I told them we went to the first game at Clemson this year with 85,000 people in attendance, more than twice than have attended either Tech game, and got in the stadium in 2 minutes. The people were friendly, I didn't get wanded, the concession staff was great, just a totally different experience.

The call was appreciated and hopefully they'll take the comments seriously, because our gate and concession staffs stink and aren't worthy of a JV high school game, much less an experience at Bobby Dodd or Alexander Memorial Coliseum. I would suggest that if you have issues, email Todd directly. I think he gets Georgia Tech and the fact that it likes to make things tough on us, but if we're trying to grow the fan base, that is likely not the best way to go about it.

I got the email and found it "ok". Why just ok? Until recently (when I downshifted), I ran large, multi-national businesses. Whenever we instituted a change - particularly one that affected customers - we planned in advance for what the change was, execution issues, and responses/recovery scenarios.

Seems to me that TStan launched this new gate process without doing any preplanning. "Hey guys - let's use untested scanners at the gates, don't tell anyone, and expect them to make it to their seats on time. Oh yeah ... since most are using their phones to store tickets in their digital wallets, the phones could even run out of power before they make it to the gate. Go Jackets!"

Now, he's apologizing for a bungled first stab at security.

Here's my beef. Tech is one of the top STEM universities in the world. Our IE program has been ranked number one for what, 50 years? And we still can't figure out how to manage e a queue?

Seems to me a missed opportunity to showcase just how good Tech is ... on the field, in the lab, and in the classroom.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
I have typically filled out the "Feedback" surveys that are sent out and noted any issues I had at the game and never got a response back. This weekend I not only filled it out, but also copied the whole thing to Todd telling him why my frustration with the gate security and concession people had reached a point where I may just give up my 25 year season football tickets and 15 year basketball tickets and start financially supporting my wife's alma mater, Clemson. It seems like there is an issue at almost every game I attend and both home games this year were the same. I stood in line for 20 minutes at Jax State game and moved 3'. Finally went to another gate and got in fairly quickly.

At the Pitt game, I was late due to my son's soccer game, which I coach and started at 11:30. So, the easy thing would've been to just go home and watch it as we knew we were going to miss the first quarter. But we decided to go to the game and support the team. So at around 1 PM we get our bag checked, we were all wanded (including my 7 and 4 year old) and then got our tickets scanned. As we're walking in, a CSC security guy tells me I can't bring any food or drinks in my clear bag because it doesn't say "season ticket holder" on it. Ok, my fault, I grabbed the wrong (smaller) clear bag. No big deal, I'm a season ticket holder, he'll understand that my kids' gatorades and mini-muffins from the post soccer game snack are no big deal and will let me through. I mean, it's not like I hid a CFA sandwich in my pants. But no, he didn't believe I was a season ticket holder and asked to see my ticket to see if it said "season ticket holder," which of course if didn't. I had to go to his supervisor who told me to call the ticket office to get the correct bag on Monday. I told him I'd brought the same bag in multiple times and we're talking about a Gatorade and mini muffins. After going back and forth for 5 minutes he finally said I could bring in EITHER the drinks or the muffins. Why one or the other? No clue. There was no logic, no customer service. Nothing helpful. So I throw away the muffins and walk back through the gate and get called out again for the drinks and have to explain that I had already been through this with the supervisor.

I get to my seats and am telling my family about my bad experience and my sister, who is neither an alum or a season ticket holder, but was there because my niece is a current student, shows me her non-season ticket holder clear bag that is full of drinks, snacks, popcorn, candy, etc. and she says that they didn't even look at it. Now I'm really pissed.

So Sunday night I filled out the "Feedback" email and sent a strongly worked email to Todd. I got an email from a GTAA higher up at 9:10 AM. He called me later Monday afternoon and said he has discussed my email and four others about how bad the "service" was at the gate and other issues with Todd and several other staff members for several hours and wanted to see how he could make it right. I was pissed and he got it, understood the lack of customer service and logic of trying not to piss off a customer. Any customer.... a season ticket holder, a first time visitor, anyone. I literally told them I was about done with my support for GTAA and was prepared to financially support Clemson from now on as we don't have these problems there, where we also have season tickets. I told them we went to the first game at Clemson this year with 85,000 people in attendance, more than twice than have attended either Tech game, and got in the stadium in 2 minutes. The people were friendly, I didn't get wanded, the concession staff was great, just a totally different experience.

The call was appreciated and hopefully they'll take the comments seriously, because our gate and concession staffs stink and aren't worthy of a JV high school game, much less an experience at Bobby Dodd or Alexander Memorial Coliseum. I would suggest that if you have issues, email Todd directly. I think he gets Georgia Tech and the fact that it likes to make things tough on us, but if we're trying to grow the fan base, that is likely not the best way to go about it.

You get it all out of your system?

Neither my bag (sent with my season tickets 3 years ago), nor my tickets have anything on them to indicate that I am a season ticket holder. Those people don't have a clue what they are doing. I really feel for you, and I hope that somebody at Tech makes it good for you. There is simply no excuse for their ignorance nor the way they treated you.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
You get it all out of your system?

I don't get the point of your post. We are not just fans, we are customers as well. The "circle the wagons" mentality or "let them eat cake" mentality of the GTAA or some of our fanbase over the years has not served us very well. Sounds to me like the guy who emailed had a very legitimate concern. And had made a real effort to even be at the game. And we are ok with losing this kind of fan/customer??????? Yours is an emotional response rather than a logical business decision imo.

Please keep us posted on any further communication you receive from Tech, and if they are doing anything to remedy an obvious screw up on their part.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
This has been a problem for a while now. Same exact thing happened to us a few years ago with drinks. My wife went on a rampage and ultimately got to the correct person in the GTAA that brought the stuff up to us.

The security group and the GTAA have some serious communication sync issues that need to be resolved.

As we prepare for our ACC opener against Pittsburgh this Saturday, I wanted to take a moment to address feedback we received following the Jacksonville State game.

Many of you reached out to us about issues entering Bobby Dodd Stadium at our first home game. Your experience at every Georgia Tech event is important to us, so we will be making adjustments to ensure a smoother process.

Here are a few reminders:

1) Please make sure you are familiar with items that are allowed into the stadium.

2) Bobby Dodd Stadium gates open 90 minutes prior to kickoff, so enter early when possible and avoid the spikes we see as we get close to kickoff. Please download the GT Gameday app for real-time notifications and alerts.

3) Based on our data, the majority of fans enter the stadium less than 20 minutes before kickoff. More than half of our fans enter at four of our ten gates: Gates 4 & 7 (Callaway Plaza), Gate 9 (Techwood) and Gate 10 (North Avenue). To ease entry congestion, try to enter the stadium a few minutes earlier at the gate closest to your seat location.

While bag checks and metal detection are extra steps when entering, your safety at Bobby Dodd Stadium is our highest priority.

As always, we greatly appreciate your support of Georgia Tech and our student-athletes.

Go Jackets!

d93b15c8c12815f23f4e082335ecfc86.jpg

Todd Stansbury
I was incorrect in part of what I posted earlier. My clear bag DOES say "Season ticket holder" on it. I have not used it in some time, and all I remembered it having on it was a gold GT. I checked tonight, and I was wrong. Sorry about that.