Any news?? (stage 3: press coverage)

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
Shift him to a fundraising role at the alumni association or something. 7 year contract with horrible buyout language to this guy is fireable unfortunately. I’ve been hearing the same thing for almost a year. He won’t be hiring the next football coach. I know he loves the school and this job, but this one decision has crushed the football program.
It’s such a **** show because he had all the leverage in the negotiations. He was caught with his pants at his ankles and his **** hanging out when it came to the coaches search. If I remember correctly, he was busy with the CFP committee at the time it all happened. He’s been pretty successful raising money and with volleyball and women’s basketball but when it matters the most, he has **** himself and his diaper at football.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
It’s such a **** show because he had all the leverage in the negotiations. He was caught with his pants at his ankles and his **** hanging out when it came to the coaches search. If I remember correctly, he was busy with the CFP committee at the time it all happened. He’s been pretty successful raising money and with volleyball and women’s basketball but when it matters the most, he has **** himself and his diaper at football.

Which is why he has to go. Nice guy. Loves Tech. Poor communicator. Poor negotiator. Coming close to killing our football program with this hire. Has to be gone with “his man.” Has to.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Not that I think that he SHOULD be an AD, nor do I think he would, but ironically, I feel like Geoff Collins would be a better AD than a HC. His strenghts all seem to fit that role better than anything a HC does aside from recruiting.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
WTBS,how do you tell who has what it takes when the bullets start flying without the experience?? We have all seen men and women who were great at being second in command but could not adjust to being the one where the buck stops.
That is the challenge of leadership and people that can solve that puzzle coupled with great leadership is an unstoppable combination.

In my mind the jury’s put on Cabrera, then the next 2 positions down-AD, HC both have roles at differing levels but don’t have “it”.

Add that to the QB question mark and it makes for a bad scenario.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Sadly, you have to start wondering which players are already reaching out to other programs. Players, recruits and fans ALL need to know who is coming and the sooner the better.
Yeah, this has been my concern since before the season started. If a program is clearly going nowhere with the current leadership it sends a poor message to any future supporter of that program if it appears you don’t know how to take decisive action and make corrections. That’s not hysteria, as some may claim. The longer this goes on the more it bleeds money and talent from the program.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Writing my letter to Todd this morning . Something has to change. We're sitting at 1-3 in a very familiar place. I know GTAA is in a tough spot financially.
But we're at year 4 making the same mistakes yesterday when we played UCF 2 years ago.

Are there glimmers of improvement on offense and defense , sure . But it's not about that at this point . We're at year 4 not year 1 or 2. Year 4 should show a team identity, year 4 should show that we know how to manage the clock, the red zone, and should show we know how to correct blocked punts .
Not fixing mistakes, having the team still.look like a fcs school etc all make the coaching staff look inept.
This isn't about improvement anymore , it's about winning games, making a bowl, competing for the acc champ etc.
If by this point collins can't right this ship, it's time to move on.
All we're doing now is being the program lower and lower one game at time.
To me supporting the players also means putting them in the best possible spot to succeed, and we'll they aren't . In fact I feel for the players everytime another embarrassing mistake happens.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Sad Sadness GIF by The Passion: Live

sad cherry blossoms GIF

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
If all we have are unsubstantiated rumors then one rumor is as good as another.

What about the rumor that TStan is still hoping Collins can win five games this year so he can hang onto Collins one more year as well as hang onto his job.

That rumor offends in every way, including stretching credulity, but it is a rumor with the same level of substantiation at this point.

If anyone can give actual support to a particular rumor I would love to hear it.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
But who is "he" going to be? I just hope it's not Brent Key, the "Assistant HC".
You can argue he firing order but not the orders to be fired. Stansbury (Pale horse), Collins (White horse), Key (Red horse), Thacker (Black horse) have to all go. I'd make Collins fire Key & Thacker, Stansbury fire Collins twice (once for general ineptitude and the other for blocked punts) and then Stansbury gets the axe. Get the 4 horsemen out of here, they have done what they were sent here for.