Any news?? (stage 3: press coverage)

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Sadly, I feel the same way. I sometimes laugh at the ineptitude to kill the pain. The other thing is I have become so numb to the steady stream of mistakes that I don’t react at all. In the past, a game with as many mistakes as we typically make would make me angry.

I am the same way. I long for the days where losses would ruin my Saturday. I’m just numb, now.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
If true that is a major breaking news story.

It also makes you wonder, as we’ve discussed before, when T-Stan made the decision. If true it suggests that Collins was on a short leash after the Georgia game and he was under the gun to show progress at the beginning of this season. That didn’t happen and we seemed to even regress in some ways statistically.

I wish CGC nothing but the best but his leaving sooner rather than later would be a little ray of hope.
I wish CGC well. He was obviously in over his head from day one, and unable to step up and do the job.
The thing that bothers me almost as much is that ADTS whiffed so badly in his assessment of CGC.
They both need to go IMO, because hiring the FB HC is the most important thing in the AD, and ADTS failed to make even a mediocre hire.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
I am the same way. I long for the days where losses would ruin my Saturday. I’m just numb, now.
Yeah, its just sad how indifferent I have become. My whole Saturday was focused on Tech football. Now I spend a few minutes once the game is over the check the score and check out a few forums to see what the excuses are or how many are holding torches and pitchforks. CGC has destroyed Tech football for a decade. It will be hard to see what the level of recovery will end up. Probably 15 years if ever to get back to CPJ level of success.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Earliest is Sunday, latest is the bye week.
Actually unbelievable that they are even thinking about letting it roll past tomorrow. That is true ineptitude and not caring about our football program. That makes me really sad if they let us keep zombie walking. We are killing our program.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
Actually unbelievable that they are even thinking about letting it roll past tomorrow. That is true ineptitude and not caring about our football program. That makes me really sad if they let us keep zombie walking. We are killing our program.
It’s easier to do it going into the bye week. It gives you a week plus for the interim coach to install has vision and message to the players and run the program how they want too. It’s just a lot more simple for everyone involved.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
It’s easier to do it going into the bye week. It gives you a week plus for the interim coach to install has vision and message to the players and run the program how they want too. It’s just a lot more simple for everyone involved.
Yeah I get that, it's just sad that we will be a dead program until something happens.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
There’s a potential scenario where: Collins is gone, ADTS gone, Thacker gone. David turner most likely would take over the defense if he’s not the interim HC.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
There’s a potential scenario where: Collins is gone, ADTS gone, Thacker gone. David turner most likely would take over the defense if he’s not the interim HC.
Make it happen tomorrow!! Sigh....hopefully this can happen.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Actually, studies show that hiring senior people who have failed at least once generally have higher results in future roles because they have learned from their mistakes. Not ALWAYS true, but most companies want top guy to be experienced with failure.
I'm wondering if Matt Rhule would welcome a return to the college scene and be a fit. Carolina is off to a roaring 0-2 start this year leaving Rhule at 10-25 in the NFL which qualifies as a solid failure (bc one can't win without a QB), but nonetheless, it's still his record.

He's led two programs out of the wilderness back to respectability and should be looking to restore some luster. We have nowhere to go but up.