Any news?? (stage 3: press coverage)

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
If we are going to wait until after Duke we might as well wait until the end of the season and save some money. Let CGC end his GT career with a 223-0 loss against the mutts.
$$$ saving doesn't come until 1/1/2023, we are on the hook for $10.5M.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
I'm hoping it means Stansbury is OUT, an interim will be named, a new AD will be put in place to be involved in the new coach's hiring cycle.

There's no way in hell after the public battle last December that contingencies for a new AD and new head coach search were not put into motion. The first thing anyone asks when considering making a change is "Who would be an improved replacement?" and they begin to make back channel contacts to gauge interest and line up candidates for preliminary contract terms and interviews if they see a feasible path for upgrading both positions. They will not be starting from scratch if changes are announced in the next weeks, background work will have been far along.
I’m hoping the same. Maybe they’re waiting on the new AD to make the announcement. Can’t fathom any other reason for the inevitable.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
There’s a good chance Collins is gone Sunday or Monday. Chip Long will most likely be the interim coach, doubtful that Thacker survives the Collins firing. Spoke to a high dollar amount donor last night at dinner and he said Monday is firing day and TStan might not make it that long. Same guy has been apart of multiple coaching searches at Tech.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
There’s a good chance Collins is gone Sunday or Monday. Chip Long will most likely be the interim coach, doubtful that Thacker survives the Collins firing. Spoke to a high dollar amount donor last night at dinner and he said Monday is firing day and TStan might not make it that long. Same guy has been apart of multiple coaching searches at Tech.
If true that is a major breaking news story.

It also makes you wonder, as we’ve discussed before, when T-Stan made the decision. If true it suggests that Collins was on a short leash after the Georgia game and he was under the gun to show progress at the beginning of this season. That didn’t happen and we seemed to even regress in some ways statistically.

I wish CGC nothing but the best but his leaving sooner rather than later would be a little ray of hope.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
So we have one person with a source who says Monday and another person with a source who says after Homecoming. 🍿

And we spent alot of electrons on a special players meeting Sunday after Ole Miss.

While I wish C****** had been fired at half time of the Ole Miss game, I'd at least hope that those in position to know would keep quiet.

Still, I am enjoying my grits while reading the speculation. Now out for yard work on a glorious day.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
The plot thickens. 😁
Don't buy in. It's a twist to fit more commercial breaks in. I think we all know this show ends.

end of the world GIF

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
When he does get canned, you think he will get told as he’s walking off the field a la Herm Edwards? Man, he tried to play it cool, but that was cringy to watch.