Any news?? (stage 3: press coverage)

slugboy

Staff member
Maybe we can get Ed Orgeron as interim HC. He rocks as an Interim HC.

More seriously: Maybe Tillman could be interim HC. I'm not sure who on the staff would make sense as interim HC. Long has not progressed our offense since he's been here. Key's last turn as HC was...not good.

Mike Bell and Steak are saying it on Twitter
Out of all the opinions to pick, you go with those two? There have to be two smarter people saying that.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer

More seriously: Maybe Tillman could be interim HC. I'm not sure who on the staff would make sense as interim HC. Long has not progressed our offense since he's been here. Key's last turn as HC was...not good.

Out of all the opinions to pick, you go with those two? There have to be two smarter people saying that. Okay
Anyone but Key is okay

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer

Out of all the opinions to pick, you go with those two? There have to be two smarter people saying that.

Weinke

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I would be surprised if a move is made right now. As ugly as the game was (and it was really ugly), GT is 1-2 with 2 expected losses.
If GT goes 1-4 or 1-5 then I think we could see a move made.
But firing CGC before Dec 1 is a $2+MM decision for a athletic association that is one of the smaller associations in FBS in terms of Revenue.

The lack of competitiveness today is likely to hurt CGC, but I don't think a move will be made yet.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
I saw on Twitter that we need 250,000 fans to Venmo $40.40 to @GTToddStansbury to buy out Collins. Personally, I would be willing to take a part in that deal! In fact, I may even chip in a whole lot more!

Do we even have 25000 fans? Not when you look inside Bobby Dodd...

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
I would be surprised if a move is made right now. As ugly as the game was (and it was really ugly), GT is 1-2 with 2 expected losses.
But firing CGC before Dec 1 is a $2+MM decision for a athletic association that is one of the smaller associations in FBS in terms of Revenue.

The lack of competitiveness today is likely to hurt CGC, but I don't think a move will be made yet.

Not even with the way we’re losing? No fight? Collins basically giving up at the end of halves and games just running it up the middle to run clock? It’s getting uglier by the week.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Yall remember when Key said it would be easier to recruit here, than Bama??? He should be ashamed. He wore these colors, gave blood and sweat for this program and after 4 years this is the best he's got to show for it? Absolute joke and he should be fired with Collins and Thacker. He should never be allowed back on this field.

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
As much as I hate it, I agree. I believe CGC will make the end of the season. But knows he is a dead man walking. Listen to the post game presser. And I also agree Key is the biggest disappointment of the assistants.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.

If you don't want to fire before December for $2M but are willing to do it early if he goes 1-4 or 1-5, you might as well just do it now. WTF are you just hoping he wins a game in the next 2 weeks so you have an excuse to just do it later?

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck

Agree. And I wish I didn't. But nothing has changed in TStans calculations. Buyout is still what it was after last season. Bad loss, but nothing new and we were expected to lose. I also wonder if the donors he spurned in the off season are willing to foot him the buyout now. The donors want Todd gone too and there's zero chance President Cabrera is firing him over one sportsball game.

I anticipate an email from Todd tomorrow something to the effect: 'Disapointing loss... I share your frustrations... Not up to Tech's expectations... No one cares more than Coach Collins... Signs of progress... Need your support... Blah blah'.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Agree. And I wish I didn't. But nothing has changed in TStans calculations. Buyout is still what it was after last season. Bad loss, but nothing new and we were expected to lose. I also wonder if the donors he spurned in the off season are willing to foot him the buyout now. The donors want Todd gone too and there's zero chance President Cabrera is firing him over one sportsball game.

I anticipate an email from Todd tomorrow something to the effect: 'Disapointing loss... I share your frustrations... Not up to Tech's expectations... No one cares more than Coach Collins... Signs of progress... Need your support... Blah blah'.

Todd should have the marbles at some point to say it’s on him. Shouldn’t have done a 7 year contract for an unproven coach. He won’t, but he should.