Any injury updates?

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
I think Benson's injury occurred two plays before he came out of the game. He appeared to take a funny step before hitting the defender. It was the play where Lynch ran for 10+ to the left. Benson carried on the play after that and got up looking at the sideline. I don't think he took himself out, but maybe the coaches saw that he wasn't 100%.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Giving the ball to a True Freshman who has had trouble with fumbling in a driving rain is most likely the answer. After QW's fumble in the Mercer game last year, we didn't see much more of him until this season. I'm betting Howard will be much more involved in the O going forward, however.
I don't know if he actually has a fumble issues, he's only had 1 right? I'm not saying he should have came in though.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I think Benson's injury occurred two plays before he came out of the game. He appeared to take a funny step before hitting the defender. It was the play where Lynch ran for 10+ to the left. Benson carried on the play after that and got up looking at the sideline. I don't think he took himself out, but maybe the coaches saw that he wasn't 100%.
Did the announcers ever mention what happened to Benson during the game? I was wondering the whole rest of the game what had happened to him, but it seemed like there was zero discussion of the fact that our starting, ACC-leading BB was out (and then the fact that he was already our 2nd string guy considering Dedrick was supposed to be #1). They sure made a point of talking about Walton being out, though.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Did the announcers ever mention what happened to Benson during the game? I was wondering the whole rest of the game what had happened to him, but it seemed like there was zero discussion of the fact that our starting, ACC-leading BB was out (and then the fact that he was already our 2nd string guy considering Dedrick was supposed to be #1). They sure made a point of talking about Walton being out, though.
Miami had to start a 4 Star RB though. That really hurt their chances.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
They did mention that he was out. They also said that Davis hurt his knee on a kickoff. I hope I never have to hear Rod Gilmore do another one of our games.

BigJacket

Banned

Not a doubt in my mind we would be 5-0 right now with Mills . No offense to QW, but I doubt he would have had any significant playing time this year behind DM and KB. Oh well, it is what it is

65Jacket

GT Athlete
Get the free app and listen to our radio crew. Wiley Ballard gave areport on Benson being out for the rest of the game with a lower body injury. This was near half time.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Just my observations. Benson had something with his calf or ankle area. Hopefully not a high ankle sprain. May miss a game or 2 would be my best guess though it is possible to get him back this weekend. Mitchell looked like he had some sort of muscle strain or pull in the stomach area. Might be a sports hernia type of situation. I would guess he will be out a while. Hopefully it will not require surgery.

Go Jackets!

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Mitchell looked like he had some sort of muscle strain or pull in the stomach area. Might be a sports hernia type of situation. I would guess he will be out a while. Hopefully it will not require surgery.

I was in China during the UNC game, so I watched it upon my return on youtube. It might have been my jet lag, but wasn't Mitchell taken out of the game vs UNC with an injury to the stomach area as well? If so, this might be a lingering injury,

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
To each their own. I'm not a fan, though. That being said, Jones is far worse than Gilmore, for me.
They both are terrible. They say stuff just for the sake of filling up air space and they are inaccurate and just spout opinions like "why don't they throw it to the tall guy"? Also called King a "walk on kicker who had never kicked a collocate FG", both of which are incorrect