Any injury updates?

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Clint came back in later in the game.
Benson has, according to coach's postgame: " he pulled...he has a lower leg." Hamstring?
B Mitch went out. Anyone else?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Hey a real football thread !
Why all the off season coach sucks, we are Harvard but not alabama threads,

Who played well or at least showed flashes in reserve ? .

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Yes, Brant Mitchell did go out and I would suppose that now everybody will shut up about his talent and how well he's playing.

Homer, da U RB, had their highest rush total of the year. Why? I think it's because our run stopper of an LB was out. Their rush game picked up considerable when he left the field.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Where was Howard?

It seems to me coach doesn’t trust Jerry yet in stressful situations, probably afraid of him making a big mistake (fumble or missed block) that costs us. I wish he would have tried something other than just running Quaide out there...he’s good enough when defenses aren’t stacking the middle, but with the rain slowing the outside down we couldn’t get much up the middle.

Deleted member 2897

Shawn Davis had a huge ice wrap around his knee. You don't do that if its just sore. So that's not good.

Brant Mitchell complained of some sort of abdominal injury it looked. No clue what that could be.

Lawrence Austin was out a lot with cramps I think.

I heard Step Durham went out, but have not heard of why. Based on the personnel I saw on the field, I believe his leaving the game is correct.

KirVonte Benson was quoted as having a 'lower leg injury'. I saw him sitting on the bench, did not look in pain and I couldn't see any noticeable wraps or ice or anything. I'm hopeful it was just a twisted ankle or something minor.

Jerry Howard didn't play for who knows why - CPJ didn't say during the post game presser other than to say he wasn't hurt and maybe he should have played. Quaide playing every snap at BB after Benson left late in the 2nd quarter to me is too long for him without getting spelled. But I am not the coach.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Shawn Davis had a huge ice wrap around his knee. You don't do that if its just sore. So that's not good.

Brant Mitchell complained of some sort of abdominal injury it looked. No clue what that could be.

Lawrence Austin was out a lot with cramps I think.

I heard Step Durham went out, but have not heard of why. Based on the personnel I saw on the field, I believe his leaving the game is correct.

KirVonte Benson was quoted as having a 'lower leg injury'. I saw him sitting on the bench, did not look in pain and I couldn't see any noticeable wraps or ice or anything. I'm hopeful it was just a twisted ankle or something minor.

Jerry Howard didn't play for who knows why - CPJ didn't say during the post game presser other than to say he wasn't hurt and maybe he should have played. Quaide playing every snap at BB after Benson left late in the 2nd quarter to me is too long for him without getting spelled. But I am not the coach.

nope, you aren't the coach but you as coach would not have a scored any fewer points in 4th qtr

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
It seems to me coach doesn’t trust Jerry yet in stressful situations, probably afraid of him making a big mistake (fumble or missed block) that costs us. I wish he would have tried something other than just running Quaide out there...he’s good enough when defenses aren’t stacking the middle, but with the rain slowing the outside down we couldn’t get much up the middle.
I like what I have seen of Howard so far. I would have liked to have seen him out there against Miami too. I sure hope Benson is back for Wake though. He is a beast.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

Giving the ball to a True Freshman who has had trouble with fumbling in a driving rain is most likely the answer. After QW's fumble in the Mercer game last year, we didn't see much more of him until this season. I'm betting Howard will be much more involved in the O going forward, however.