Any chance we can make it to Charlotte?

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
VT-miami is one of those sneaky rivalry games, from their Big East days. Kinda like how we always give UNC a game.

It's possible the hokies gave Miami all they could handle, be an equal peer to us, and Miami could still clobber us. I still expect us to be favored against Duke/UNC/NCSU/VT.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
So they were HS 4 stars that transferred from their original college. Most likely dropped in ratings. Very in exact methodology at best.
Hardly more inexact than watching VT play one game against an opponent we have not played and determining they are more talented based on that.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Hardly more inexact than watching VT play one game against an opponent we have not played and determining they are more talented based on that.
I have watched all the VT games in total or part as I live in NOVA and my son is a VT Grad.

This Board undersells VT’s talent regularly.

Now their Coach, Brent Pry, is a terrible in game coach. His decisions make Key look like an in game genius. He has cost them the Rutgers game by having two players with the same number on the field during a failed opponent FG. After the 5 yard penalty the kicker made the FG.

Then last week on a made VT FG they had two different players on the field with the same number. The officials missed that violation.

The list of dumb decisions is endless. If you have not watched several VT games you have no appreciation for their talent and dumb coaching decisions.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
People are buying into the Miami hype a little too early, in my opinion, based on the blowout win in The Swamp. I do not think they are in a higher tier than most of the rest of the ACC, as the VT game showed. USF, Ball State and Florida A&M aren’t impressive. Blowing out Florida in The Swamp is a solid win, but Florida is 2-2 and will probably struggle to do better than 6-6. I think the U are probably around Louisville’s level and we could have won that game. Louisville lost a close game to Notre Dame. We can hang with them, too. I’m not saying we’re going win all of these games, but I genuinely think the only game on our schedule that is going to be a steep uphill battle is Georgia. The others aren’t all toss ups, but they are closer to toss ups than probable L’s, IMO.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
One cannot use the transitive property in college football.
GT has always won games we weren’t supposed to win and lost games we weren’t supposed to lose. Those predictions were based on the transitive properties people always try to use.
We’ll just have to see how it all plays out.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
One cannot use the transitive property in college football.
GT has always won games we weren’t supposed to win and lost games we weren’t supposed to lose. Those predictions were based on the transitive properties people always try to use.
We’ll just have to see how it all plays out.
That's true. On a given Saturday any of our games could be won or lost, even including the last one.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I think VT is a middle of the road ACC team, as are we at this point unfortunately, I don’t think they are more talented than us, it’s a tossup game imo. They always play like crap against lower ranked ooc teams and then play everyone in the ACC tough later in the season

MacDaddy2

Jolly Good Fellow
I will readily admit I thought there might be a chance to go 6-2 in the conference after we beat FSU and sneak in via tiebreaker. Could we win the remaining 5 conference games, probably not and I don't think 5-3 could get us in. At this point, like most everyone else I will take 6-6 and a bowl trip to give extra practice time for the younger players. Building for the future...