Antonio Messick and Brad Stewart

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
And some can't stop smiling.
I think it's fair to say that nobody is smiling at someone's injury. I played high school football with Summers for two years, and have nothing but the utmost respect for him. His injury hurts our offense from a physical standpoint, that's a given. His greatest asset is his maturity and his knowledge of his assignment. I just want to win games.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Brad Stewart ready to start for Georgia Tech

http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/co...t-ready-to-sta/nnk3N/#400d5a67.3828699.735863

Stewart said that Summers has been a role model for him from the time he enrolled in the summer. Earlier than expected, Stewart may be called on to show what he’s learned.
“I feel for him. I’m going to be praying for him,” Stewart said. “He knows, as well as I know, I’m going to have to step up, and he’s going to help me through this because I know the connection we have. We’re going to have to step up on the perimeter, losing a veteran like that. But he’ll be back and ready whenever he can.”

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Losing Summers hurts. He was our best threat out there IMO. Stewart has ability but a bit of a learning curve. CPJ has indicated he just needs to relax a bit more out there. I like Messick's speed and athleticism but I think he needs to improve a bit in the concentration department. Sky hasn't fallen. Others just need to step up a bit now. Let's kill Duke.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I just get amazed at the talent evaluators and coaching geniuses that we have on a sports forum that aren't being highly sought after for major colleges and the nfl.

You're kidding, right? Sports forums are best places for coaches to go for game planning, which players should be starting, which recruits we should sign, and what other teams we should schedule. Sports forums are also the best places to go for uniform suggestions...

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
You're kidding, right? Sports forums are best places for coaches to go for game planning, which players should be starting, which recruits we should sign, and what other teams we should schedule. Sports forums are also the best places to go for uniform suggestions...

And ref calls, hiring decisions, playoff brackets, and injury reports

johncu

Jolly Good Fellow
Comical...people are still blaming the WR's. Newsflash: our WR's aren't dropping passes fellas, the passing scheme and qb accuracy was horrible in South Bend. Both will improve.
Being a WR is about more than just catching the ball. You've got to get open. I'm not blaming anyone per se, but our WR's were not open at ALL against ND. Even on the dropped TD pass to Stewart, he was blanketed and Thomas threaded the ball in there.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
You have to find the ignore feature in your profile.

It works great on this site because unlike other sites that show a poster posted and then blanks out their message, on this site you don't see anything at all. It's as if they left the forum.

It's kind of cool in that it can act as a filter that turns the board into just the things that interest you. Trolls, agenda pushers, hijacked threads, people who think everything is about their one pet subject, and dead horse topics just disappear. Ditto with assinine pissing matches, whining, and serial pessimism.

For me it genuinely has focused the board toward my interests and has saved time and annoyance. Great feature.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
In the first few games there were times when he didn't look very physical making his blocks. It may be him taking a play off or just being unsure of his assignment. He became more physical in the ND game, but he also blocked the wrong guy (according to CPJ), so it may just be a learning process for him, and not a lack of physicality.

I do know a kid that has visited Tech recently and he was very impressed. Wants to study architectural engineering. Not being rated by any "recruiting services", but he is a solid player. Been starting since a freshman.

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
Being a WR is about more than just catching the ball. You've got to get open. I'm not blaming anyone per se, but our WR's were not open at ALL against ND. Even on the dropped TD pass to Stewart, he was blanketed and Thomas threaded the ball in there.
If they do not respect you deep you'll never be open. We were unable to stress the ND secondary. We knew that could be a problem this year. Hopefully we can get better.