Another uniform thread ;)

Mack

Helluva Engineer
'07 throwbacks against UVA for the win!!! Those are the only uniforms that compete with the throwbacks from this year. Those two should be our base looks (especially the gold from the '07 ones). And nothin' wrong with wearing navy in the bowl games. The navy jersey is a good look for us too. Although I will say the last couple times we've worn navy it's been on an already ugly uniform design. Should wear some kind of throwback uniform - like '06 ACCCG unis were good.
Wear Ross blue with white pants and gold hats........it was voted best uni in ACC when we wore it ...........

Mack

Helluva Engineer
The GTAA is missing a big marketing and revenue opportunity by not announcing and publishing the Orange Bowl uniforms prior to Christmas. Think of how many Tech fans would love to have an authentic GT Orange Bowl edition jersey as a Christmas present. I know I have been shopping for a game type jersey for my son as a gift for this Christmas and have not been able to find anything of that type.

Go Jackets!
Agree with you my friend but with Ross unis and of course Dodds and the combos we have had in past years looks like we could take one of each and get all the fans geared up.........I dont want to become the Ducks of the ACC or the Terps...........not fan of the chicken wire either ..but you knew this.Merry Christmas

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
The GTAA is missing a big marketing and revenue opportunity by not announcing and publishing the Orange Bowl uniforms prior to Christmas. Think of how many Tech fans would love to have an authentic GT Orange Bowl edition jersey as a Christmas present. I know I have been shopping for a game type jersey for my son as a gift for this Christmas and have not been able to find anything of that type.

Go Jackets!

I was just thinking about this especially with Walmart being exclusive provider of Russell Athletic now. Authentic Jerseys and merchandise should be very accessible bc of this deal

But there is quality OB merchandise out. My wife bought me the shirt.
image.jpg
image.jpg

What is not shown is behind the mantra is a etching of Buzz like how it is on the back of the Basketball jerseys

FencePost

Banned
The Blue Gold and White makes them look like Colorado State.
See no problem with sticking with gold tops/ white bottoms and white tops/gold bottoms. Even have the option of all white with solid gold helmets or all gold with white helmets.
How many variations do we need with only 12 to 14 games a year?

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I think the GT alum associated with Russell was letterman Cal James ( his brother, former Al governor Fob James was also involved as well). I think, however, that their association is long over with.

The simple truth is, as far as I know, Russell gave us a good bit more money and I doubt Nike will ever do better. I also do not know how our traditional uni from Russell would look any different if made by Nike .

I still think if Nike had designed our "honeycomb unis" exactly like Russell did, everyone would say they were the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
I think the GT alum associated with Russell was letterman Cal James ( his brother, former Al governor Fob James was also involved as well). I think, however, that their association is long over with.

The simple truth is, as far as I know, Russell gave us a good bit more money and I doubt Nike will ever do better. I also do not know how our traditional uni from Russell would look any different if made by Nike .

I still think if Nike had designed our "honeycomb unis" exactly like Russell did, everyone would say they were the greatest thing since sliced bread.
The swoosh makes all the difference in the world.