Another uniform thread ;)

Mack

Helluva Engineer
The players are important but it's not all about them and what they want. We live in the most entitled generation in history. The fans and the alumni also deserve some consideration - we buy tickets, we buy Tech gear, and we donate money. Marketing tradition, a consistent brand, and team identity is also a very important consideration. You go watch a replay of the 1990 Championship game - you will see football players in football uniforms not clown suits or Power Ranger costumes.......

Oh, by the way, I kind of like the blue jerseys (the gold numerals are too wide). Hopefully they will match them with a helmet and pants that make a good ensemble.

We can do better with our unis.........plain and simple and to piggy back on your post.......went to Augusta today and while wife was shopping went into several stores and...............saw plenty of clemson and Ga and ...Carolina but nada.........yes nada on tech gear.

Hoss

Georgia Tech Fan
We can do better with our unis.........plain and simple and to piggy back on your post.......went to Augusta today and while wife was shopping went into several stores and...............saw plenty of clemson and Ga and ...Carolina but nada.........yes nada on tech gear.

Academy in Evans use to have a good selection but UGAg and Carolina had taken over

techdad

Jolly Good Fellow
The blue jerseys, and they might be wearing blue pants too, is a great "alternate" uniform for the players.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Tailgaters Alley has good supply of Tech gear. Their store is about 45% tech 45% mutt 10% other. Same company that sets up outside the stadium north stands on game days

Mack

Helluva Engineer
It's because all of the Tech gear sold out and nobody wants the uGA, USC, etc. anymore :D:D:D
Gosh wish that was true but this is a on going problem we have had since the sixties or even before then....tech didnt advertise jerseys etc unless you were in Atlanta area.......a tech jersey in late fifties or sixties was a collectors item.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
The blue jerseys, and they might be wearing blue pants too, is a great "alternate" uniform for the players.
Shoot wear the Ross unis if you want blue.......hell PJ only wears blue on sidelines.Guess GA Southern is hard to wash out of your system.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Tailgaters Alley has good supply of Tech gear. Their store is about 45% tech 45% mutt 10% other. Same company that sets up outside the stadium north stands on game days
Good to hear.........of course when you are 155 miles from Grant Field and its a night game ...all you want to do is make sure your weapon is handy and hope you get back to the car and out of Atlanta safely.Will look at them though and thanks.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Shoot wear the Ross unis if you want blue.......hell PJ only wears blue on sidelines.Guess GA Southern is hard to wash out of your system.
I get that this is probably tongue-in-cheek but the real reason he wears navy is so the guys on the field can spot him quickly on the sidelines. Makes you wonder about when he wears all camo though. Last time was last year (unless I missed it this year) against Syracuse and we won 56-0

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Looking at the pic in the AJC, they look good. Let's see what the whole package will look like.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Last time we wore Blue for the bowl game worked out alright for us. The time before not so much. Either way it's okay to have some alternates for a special occasion. I just wish we'd stick with the same thing for a few years. It's okay to build a brand around a look and I think this years uniforms have been pretty slick:

kagawa_pitt.jpeg