Another uniform thread ;)

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
It's kind of funny now but after Coach Johnson's first year he was asked about initial impressions of Tech's fan base. He said something to the effect that he had never seen a fan base concerned about uniforms as much as this one. If he only knew. Uniform threads on this and other sites are guaranteed to produce multiple pages of griping, bitching, photos the whole works. It's what we do. Personally, I prefer the Calvin throwbacks with white helmets and black trim but that's just me. Actually, I prefer what the players want (within reason) after all they are the ones wearing the jerseys.

Well, remember, PJ had spent a lot of time at Georgia Southern. One helmet. White tops and white pants for the road. Blue tops and white pants for home. During his tenure, they added blue pants (gasp!) and put players names on the jerseys (sacrilege!) ... though I kinda dug the blue pants.
And Navy had gold helmets, gold pants, blue or white tops.
So ... unis weren't exactly a priority at some of his previous stops.

Matt E

GT Athlete
Was talking with my neighbor today who is a Miss State fan. He says they routinely say no to LSU's request to wear white at home, forcing them to wear purple. He wasn't surprised to see them doing the same to us

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
It's kind of funny now but after Coach Johnson's first year he was asked about initial impressions of Tech's fan base. He said something to the effect that he had never seen a fan base concerned about uniforms as much as this one. If he only knew. Uniform threads on this and other sites are guaranteed to produce multiple pages of griping, bitching, photos the whole works. It's what we do. Personally, I prefer the Calvin throwbacks with white helmets and black trim but that's just me. Actually, I prefer what the players want (within reason) after all they are the ones wearing the jerseys.

Visiting other sites has proven to me that they react to unis the same way we do.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Was talking with my neighbor today who is a Miss State fan. He says they routinely say no to LSU's request to wear white at home, forcing them to wear purple. He wasn't surprised to see them doing the same to us

MSU wore dark shirts at LSU this year, so mystery continues.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
The GTAA is missing a big marketing and revenue opportunity by not announcing and publishing the Orange Bowl uniforms prior to Christmas. Think of how many Tech fans would love to have an authentic GT Orange Bowl edition jersey as a Christmas present. I know I have been shopping for a game type jersey for my son as a gift for this Christmas and have not been able to find anything of that type.

Go Jackets!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I always thought it'd be fun to put the pattern on a yellow jacket thorax in gold on a navy jersey.
Better idea, put the thorax pattern on a helmet, no GT logo. One game only, of course, I'm a traditionalist.

yellowjacket-300x235.gif

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
Better idea, put the thorax pattern on a helmet, no GT logo. One game only, of course, I'm a traditionalist.

yellowjacket-300x235.gif
The thorax looks like the Walmart smiley with reversed colors. I could agree to the abdomen pattern, provided the team wears black & gold war paint.

The GTAA is missing a big marketing and revenue opportunity by not announcing and publishing the Orange Bowl uniforms prior to Christmas. Think of how many Tech fans would love to have an authentic GT Orange Bowl edition jersey as a Christmas present. I know I have been shopping for a game type jersey for my son as a gift for this Christmas and have not been able to find anything of that type.

Go Jackets!
Blame that on Russell Athletics. How on earth did we ever get stuck with such a do-nothing company?