Andrew Thacker

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
He got called for dropping his full body weight on the QB. That's a penalty. Little Dukey QB feined a separated shoulder to give the zebra cover but it was probably a legitimate foul. We should have put him on the ground a lot more during the game. We did not pressure the Dukey as we should have. Blitz, blitz, blitz.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
He got called for dropping his full body weight on the QB. That's a penalty. Little Dukey QB feined a separated shoulder to give the zebra cover but it was probably a legitimate foul. We should have put him on the ground a lot more during the game. We did not pressure the Dukey as we should have. Blitz, blitz, blitz.

That’s not how gravity works man.

yoshiki2

Georgia Tech Fan
If you are going to foul the QB... Can't you at least make it personal... Take him out of the game...

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
He didn’t take his foot of the gas. Our OL is not very good.
I didn't say our offense was good. His play calling definitely changed. Could he have been forced into doing so by eventually playing three subs after Fusile was unavailable and then Williams and Quick both went down? Sure. Could the loss of Nate affected those decisions? Of course. But the play calling sure did change. And yes, in some cases they just didn't execute.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I thought that as well, JJ, but he actually did not. His knees landed on the ground while making the tackle. That is not textbook “full body weight”.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
He didn’t take his foot of the gas. Our OL is not very good.
We were down three OL starters by the end of the game. Having an OL with three second string guys on it helps explain the sudden Duke great defensive line play. Regardless of the play calls (which were too conservative by my couch-coaching opinion), their interior DL just started making plays.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
It was a judgement call, but IMO it was a cheap penalty.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
I try not to be a homer about the officials but honestly, if they were going to call roughing the call that should have been made was the hit on Sims later on.
And likewise, the PI call against us on Duke’s final drive was no more egregious than the interference no-call against our receiver earlier in the 4th, when we were driving inside the red zone.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
All because of the Tobacco Road Mafia led by UNC and Duke. IMO that is what it is/was all about and now they have us locked in under their GOR at their mercy, sounds very familiar to me.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
We were down three OL starters by the end of the game. Having an OL with three second string guys on it helps explain the sudden Duke great defensive line play. Regardless of the play calls (which were too conservative by my couch-coaching opinion), their interior DL just started making plays.
I thought I saw Williams go back in, but you’re right. Having to play with the 3rd string right guard makes it difficult to run the ball. Hopefully no one got seriously hurt, and we’ll be back to full strength by the time of the Virginia game .

MidtownJacket

Staff member
At the time in game I lost who all was taking snaps at the end. You’re right the conservative play calls likely had more to do with personnel than anything else.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I thought I saw Williams go back in, but you’re right. Having to play with the 3rd string right guard makes it difficult to run the ball. Hopefully no one got seriously hurt, and we’ll be back to full strength by the time of the Virginia game .
One of the back ups that was expected to get reps was slightly injured in practice. We are very young in ol.