Andrew Thacker was better, change my mind.

slugboy

Staff member
The Pitt and Duke games where we got RPO’ed to death. The main reason why our passing defense never got tested was that the run defense was weak (UNC excepted for some odd reason)

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
He had one good defense with senior linebacker play and keion white. New guy has 2 out of 3 good games. Too early for this stuff.

ramblineck

Jolly Good Fellow
I hated watching the mistakes the defense made this weekend, but this thread is frankly disrespectful.

Their defense beat our offense. We should have scored more than 14 until the 4th quarter. I blame playcalling, and a missed FG still has us in OT.

I’m excited to see what a Tucci defense looks a couple years from now, when players this staff recruits are truly the bulk of it. Bad day for safeties and DEs.

Good result in terms of bringing some fans back down to earth, but don’t crash too hard just because you’re used to crashing. That’s at least what I’m telling myself.
Agreed. Still a lot to be accounted for on both sides of the ball

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Our defense wasn’t atrocious. McCord put on a clinic and give their oline snd running backs credit for picking up the blitz from everywhere. In case you weren’t aware we made Bowling Greens QB look like Kyle McCord last year.
As an aside BG took Penn State to the wire today losing 34-27.

Greenjackets

Georgia Tech Fan
Reminded me of games @UVA in years past where we got beat on the road by a motivated team by a QB who made all the right throws. It happens. 2-1 after 3 games is about right. I think Key has their full attention now. This program is on the right trajectory. The talent and coaching is reason for optimism. Down by 17 on the road in 4th quarter and then even to close within 3 points says a lot.

AugustaSwarm

Ramblin' Wreck
Matt Ryan made Tenuta look awful once.
I was there.

It happened.
I was there too. Tenuta was a riverboat gambler. When the blitzes work, he looked like a genius. When it didn't, it was like watching your house burn to the ground.

That's what this game was like for 3 quarters. McCord picked us apart. Ultimately, we didn't make enough plays - missed FG, untimely penalties, "almost big plays" on defense and special teams that would have swung momentum, but we didn't capitalize.

We didn't get the ground going, and that's pretty concerning. Ohio gashed them on the ground and they likely made run defense their focus.

Syracuse made the plays, we didn't. We had the opportunities.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
But in the end, the D kept it close enough that O had AMPLE chances to take over game, but they wasted them
Offense was not as effective as we needed to win this game. Sustain two extra scoring drives in this game and we run away with this game. As it was, our defense was on the field way too much.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Offense was not as effective as we needed to win this game. Sustain two extra scoring drives in this game and we run away with this game. As it was, our defense was on the field way too much.
LOL. We score 50 points and we win big. Syracuse flat out outplayed us today. The game was not as close as the final score. Credit to the team for fighting but we got our butts beat.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
LOL. We score 50 points and we win big. Syracuse flat out outplayed us today. The game was not as close as the final score. Credit to the team for fighting but we got our butts beat.
No argument. Just pointing out that our offense couldn’t sustain enough to keep the defense off the field.

Techfan02

Ramblin' Wreck
Change my mind.
IMG_5794.png