Andrew Thacker was better, change my mind.

Thwg777

Ramblin' Wreck
Well we opened the 2020 season with a 3 point win over free shoes. And then in our third game, we **** the bed and lost by 17 to Syracuse.

FWIW, we also beat the breaks off Loserville that year. Just be careful about looking up many other results…

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
I guess but Kyle McCord is pretty damn good
Kyle McCord is a lot better than people gave credit for. Ohio State fans tricked lots of people into thinking he's a bottom tier QB because it's the same fan base that literally cries about the sky falling if they dont win a national title and have pretty much never experienced any down time in their program in any living fan's lifetime. He's probably the 2nd best QB in the ACC

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Thacker's first 3 games as Tech's DC:
Gave up 52 in a load to Clemson
Gave up 10 in a win to USF
Gave up 27 in a loss to The Citadel

Santucci's first 3 games as Tech's DC:
Gave up 21 in a win to FSU
Gave up 12 in a win to GaSt
Gave up 31 in a loss to Syracuse
You didn't even bring up NIU, BG, the time Clemson laid about 70 on us and the 100-0 total losses to ND and UGA. Ranked near the bottom of all FCS in total defense under Thacker. Nice guy but over his head due to inexperience.

seanfloyd18

Georgia Tech Fan
I hated watching the mistakes the defense made this weekend, but this thread is frankly disrespectful.

Their defense beat our offense. We should have scored more than 14 until the 4th quarter. I blame playcalling, and a missed FG still has us in OT.

I’m excited to see what a Tucci defense looks a couple years from now, when players this staff recruits are truly the bulk of it. Bad day for safeties and DEs.

Good result in terms of bringing some fans back down to earth, but don’t crash too hard just because you’re used to crashing. That’s at least what I’m telling myself.