Am i the oldest poster/Tech fan on this board

LibertyTurns

Banned
I'll be going on my 12th year, and I hope to be as lucky as you and I get to do this another 40 years
Take care of your heart and you’ll make it

We beat UGA for the eighth straight year while I was a student at Tech. :cigar: :beer:
Congrats, but somebody screwed the streak up. Any idea who it was?

Secondly applying the GT Football theorem if we never beat good teams to those game results- the mutts had down years all those years!

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Take care of your heart and you’ll make it

Congrats, but somebody screwed the streak up. Any idea who it was?

Secondly applying the GT Football theorem if we never beat good teams to those game results- the mutts had down years all those years!

Theron Sapp? UGA thought so much of his scoring the only TD to break the drought they retired his number alongside truly great players Hershel and Sinkwich both of who won Heismans. Dodd himself said that there was "nothing special about Theron, just a good old plugging fullback but he was great that day"

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
Turned 72 yesterday. Attended UVA (class of 1969). but have attended games since childhood - say 1951 and remain a fan. Old enough to remember some really old stuff. Saw Wade Mitchell play; Theron Sap without his teeth, GT-ALA 7-6 (1962) and many others. Had dinner (really) with Coach Bryant in Memphis around 1980 - told him I'd attended GT-ALA (1957-58, his first in Tuscaloosa). Urban Henry won (10-7) with last minute field goal. Bryant made face, noted Dodd was tough. Then changed subject. Met Coach Dodd when I was a boy at Fitz Orr's football camp (late 1950's)... Saw the (Baylor) Bear under South stands.... Good memories - for a fossil.

Wade Mitchell and I were in the first grade together at E Rivers, my Dad (who played for Heisman) introduced me to coach Alec when he was taking me to a game in the forties. Man this is making me feel old 'cause I am- 84 but still motoring, work out 3x per wk etc, but it gets harder each year. Very grateful to be "vertical" God is good!!! Appreciate all you wonderful Jacket lovers every time I'm on here which is quite often. Thanks to all for your input. PS I also played mite FB at Fritz Orr's. We used to play the Athens YMCA.
My first cousin is married to a GT alum in his 90's that still goes to all the dawg/jacket FB games both home and away.
You gotta keep going and keep the mind working, makes a big difference IMO.

Didn't totally ruin it....that was done by taking out the horseshoe end.
That just further compounded it, but the design of the upper east deck was atrocious. They supported it with massive beams set in the middle of the seating sections of the lower east. If you were behind the beams, you couldn't even see the field. I guess it was done that way because they would probably have had to put the support beams in the middle of Techwood Drive otherwise. It should have been built the way they upper west deck was built several years later.

Animal02

Banned
That just further compounded it, but the design of the upper east deck was atrocious. They supported it with massive beams set in the middle of the seating sections of the lower east. If you were behind the beams, you couldn't even see the field. I guess it was done that way because they would probably have had to put the support beams in the middle of Techwood Drive otherwise. It should have been built the way they upper west deck was built several years later.
Sat behind those columns many times