1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Am i the oldest poster/Tech fan on this board

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by grandpa jacket, Jun 10, 2019.

1. grandpa jacket

grandpa jacket Helluva Engineer

The QB when i attended my first game was non other than Stan Gann

2. stech81

stech81 Helluva Engineer

depends how old were you in 1960 ?

augustabuzz likes this.
  3. Animal02

Animal02 Helluva Engineer

Are you older than dirt? @Supersizethatorder-mutt is in the running :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

4. stech81

stech81 Helluva Engineer

I wasn't going to say that only cause I'm only a couple of years behind him. :)

Animal02 likes this.
  5. YellowJacketFan2018

YellowJacketFan2018 Helluva Engineer

I remember going to see GT play at the Flats and at Ponce De Leon Park with my dad:cigar: My dad was a huge fan of John Heisman;)

6. Animal02

I just like to rib him about it. @Supersizethatorder-mutt is a great guy and I consider myself lucky to have been able to tailgate with him. :D

7. Supersizethatorder-mutt

Supersizethatorder-mutt Helluva Engineer

I won't leave any doubt about my age and will just say up front that I am 74 and closing in fast on 75, and I am looking forward to my 58th straight year of attending Tech football games, 53 as a ST holder.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  8. LibertyTurns

LibertyTurns Helluva Engineer

There’s a special place in heaven for GT fans who have endured nearly 6 decades of misery interspersed with a handful of amazing games/seasons. Bravo to you sir and all of your elders and peers!

9. grandpa jacket

15 years old

10. grandpa jacket

I will be 74 in August

11. Supersizethatorder-mutt

And I will be 75 in August. So I guess I got you beat.

augustabuzz likes this.
  12. Supersizethatorder-mutt

There is no place I would rather be on a Saturday in the Fall than in BDS cheering on the Jackets, win or lose.

13. GTJake

GTJake Helluva Engineer

I'm a young pup turning 61 in a couple of weeks, but I do have a 5 year old Grandson and most importantly one year from retirement !! ... my first QB's were Mike Kelly and John Dewberry.

nod likes this.
  14. mistaben

mistaben Jolly Good Fellow

Turned 72 yesterday. Attended UVA (class of 1969). but have attended games since childhood - say 1951 and remain a fan. Old enough to remember some really old stuff. Saw Wade Mitchell play; Theron Sap without his teeth, GT-ALA 7-6 (1962) and many others. Had dinner (really) with Coach Bryant in Memphis around 1980 - told him I'd attended GT-ALA (1957-58, his first in Tuscaloosa). Urban Henry won (10-7) with last minute field goal. Bryant made face, noted Dodd was tough. Then changed subject. Met Coach Dodd when I was a boy at Fitz Orr's football camp (late 1950's)... Saw the (Baylor) Bear under South stands.... Good memories - for a fossil.

15. Josh H

Josh H Helluva Engineer

I'll be going on my 12th year, and I hope to be as lucky as you and I get to do this another 40 years

16. grandpa jacket

I only take in a couple of games a year now and i cannot stand the heat in the early Sept. games, i hope we are at least respectable this upcoming season because i dont know how many more i have. To Hell with GA

17. Supersizethatorder-mutt

Fortunately, the heat doesn't really bother me.

tatertot1 and Animal02 like this.
  18. Animal02

Behind you by two years.....and just found out I officially join the old folks rank in December.......first grandchild is due (boy) I know what he will be getting for Christmas. Will be doing a bit of shopping at Barnes and Noble. :D

19. Essobee

Essobee Helluva Engineer

We beat UGA for the eighth straight year while I was a student at Tech. :cigar: :beer:

20. Technut1990

Technut1990 Helluva Engineer

Yall stop. First of all you are making me feel old, secondly and more importantly some of you guys talk about politics in the Swarm Lounge, now when im a smart *** I'll feel bad

AE 87 likes this.