Am i the oldest poster/Tech fan on this board

LibertyTurns

Banned
I won't leave any doubt about my age and will just say up front that I am 74 and closing in fast on 75, and I am looking forward to my 58th straight year of attending Tech football games, 53 as a ST holder.
There’s a special place in heaven for GT fans who have endured nearly 6 decades of misery interspersed with a handful of amazing games/seasons. Bravo to you sir and all of your elders and peers!

There’s a special place in heaven for GT fans who have endured nearly 6 decades of misery interspersed with a handful of amazing games/seasons. Bravo to you sir and all of your elders and peers!
There is no place I would rather be on a Saturday in the Fall than in BDS cheering on the Jackets, win or lose.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I'm a young pup turning 61 in a couple of weeks, but I do have a 5 year old Grandson and most importantly one year from retirement !! ... my first QB's were Mike Kelly and John Dewberry.

mistaben

Georgia Tech Fan
Turned 72 yesterday. Attended UVA (class of 1969). but have attended games since childhood - say 1951 and remain a fan. Old enough to remember some really old stuff. Saw Wade Mitchell play; Theron Sap without his teeth, GT-ALA 7-6 (1962) and many others. Had dinner (really) with Coach Bryant in Memphis around 1980 - told him I'd attended GT-ALA (1957-58, his first in Tuscaloosa). Urban Henry won (10-7) with last minute field goal. Bryant made face, noted Dodd was tough. Then changed subject. Met Coach Dodd when I was a boy at Fitz Orr's football camp (late 1950's)... Saw the (Baylor) Bear under South stands.... Good memories - for a fossil.

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Turned 72 yesterday. Attended UVA (class of 1969). but have attended games since childhood - say 1951 and remain a fan. Old enough to remember some really old stuff. Saw Wade Mitchell play; Theron Sap without his teeth, GT-ALA 7-6 (1962) and many others. Had dinner (really) with Coach Bryant in Memphis around 1980 - told him I'd attended GT-ALA (1957-58, his first in Tuscaloosa). Urban Henry won (10-7) with last minute field goal. Bryant made face, noted Dodd was tough. Then changed subject. Met Coach Dodd when I was a boy at Fitz Orr's football camp (late 1950's)... Saw the (Baylor) Bear under South stands.... Good memories - for a fossil.
I only take in a couple of games a year now and i cannot stand the heat in the early Sept. games, i hope we are at least respectable this upcoming season because i dont know how many more i have. To Hell with GA

Animal02

Banned
I'm a young pup turning 61 in a couple of weeks, but I do have a 5 year old Grandson and most importantly one year from retirement !! ... my first QB's were Mike Kelly and John Dewberry.
Behind you by two years.....and just found out I officially join the old folks rank in December.......first grandchild is due (boy) I know what he will be getting for Christmas. Will be doing a bit of shopping at Barnes and Noble. :D

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Yall stop. First of all you are making me feel old, secondly and more importantly some of you guys talk about politics in the Swarm Lounge, now when im a smart *** I'll feel bad