All, thanks for the good times, and this will be a fun experiment

year_of_the_swarm

Jolly Good Fellow
I am definitely a fan of option football.... I've followed it at the service academies, GASO, New Mexico, Nebraska, etc.

It is my preferred style, especially at some schools... In fact, I think a good amount of schools would be better off running it than what they have been failing at for 18 years since the air raid came into football.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I respect your opinion Animal, but you and 75% of the excuse makers here are wrong. Bebe Thomas and Josh Nesbitt weren't a conspiracy, so just stop trying to play those dumbass cards that we conveniently only play when we can't land recruits. But let's do this in another thread, not this one.

Hopefully the new staff can haul them in.

Time will tell how much recruiting improves in the next regime.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I will miss your commentary @ilovetheoption. You brought an unbiased point of view that wasn’t always good to hear, but was always poignant. You’re a top poster here and the board will be less without you. Hopefully we’ve at least taught you that whiskey is better than Zima over the past decade, and that the only thing you do with bulldogs is piss on em.

Farewell man.

Last edited:

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I have long maintained that the reason you guys didn't compete for 4 and 5 star recruits under CPJ had more to do with GT than it did CPJ. I maintained that your academic situation made long term high level recruiting untenable, and that doing things the same way as UGA was unlikely to lead to success vis a vis UGA.

It looks like we'll be finding this out in a live experiment. FUN!

My hoos will have my undivided attention for the time being, but I wanted to say the last decade has been a real blast with you guys, and I genuinely hope you find your offense as fun as I will likely find it boring :)

Also, last but not least, big shout out to @PBR549 .

Turns out he was right and I was wrong; CPJ WAS gone within 2 years of canning Ted Roof. You get the last laugh, my friend :)

I’m gonna have to start watching more Army and Navy now to get my 3-O fix now. If you know any good fan forums for them give a shout out.

Thanks for hanging out and sharing your trip option insights.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Let's play a guessing game about Milwaukee.

Had a ribeye for dinner
Currently drinking a nice Belgian
Have a 26yr old dime (she's actually closer to a 7.7 or 8.0 if I'm being honest) coming over in an hour who also happens to be my yoga instructor at my gym.

Point of this story is I'm not crying, I'm winning. While you're trying to make fun of one of our better posters.
We need pictures, until then we all assume you look like this - B932C9FD-2B09-495F-932D-4548821629E1.jpeg

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
I have long maintained that the reason you guys didn't compete for 4 and 5 star recruits under CPJ had more to do with GT than it did CPJ. I maintained that your academic situation made long term high level recruiting untenable, and that doing things the same way as UGA was unlikely to lead to success vis a vis UGA.

It looks like we'll be finding this out in a live experiment. FUN!

My hoos will have my undivided attention for the time being, but I wanted to say the last decade has been a real blast with you guys, and I genuinely hope you find your offense as fun as I will likely find it boring :)

Also, last but not least, big shout out to @PBR549 .

Turns out he was right and I was wrong; CPJ WAS gone within 2 years of canning Ted Roof. You get the last laugh, my friend :)
We already had a live experiment. We averaged 7-5 with Chan Gailey.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
ilovetheoption, I have really enjoyed having you here. Considering that 2/3's of the fans here still want to run a version of the option, hopefully we will get a coach that will keep you coming back. I am afraid if they hire TStan's NFL friend, I will be joining you for a while. (Not as a UVA fan, but as a fan not paying money or attention to Tech sports anymore). My heart is not in it for a number of 4 and 6 win seasons.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Only on GTSwarm does a "look at me look at me" thread by a fan of another school turn into an invite for 2 GT fans to "meet" at the Varsity parking lot.

(again, I'm just messing with you ILTO)

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Give me one example where I have challenged anyone or called anyone a name like say sissy keyboard warrior. If you whine/cry around me I will call you out and there's a lot of that on this board right now. Too bad the season is over but my name is Tom. I drive a 2006 gray 4-runner and tailgate across from the Varisty prking lot (across Spring). I am 6'4" with hair the same color has my 4-runner. There are not that many people who tailgate there so you will have no problem identifying me. How about you swing by next year and either have a beer or voice your thoughts about me being a sissy keyboard warrior. So now you know me and I don't know you so you have the advantage.

Through my 'sources', I was able to retrieve closed caption footage of the oncoming melee ...

kung-fool.gif

Tough break on that milkshake, @gtg391z and I guess the forerunner is parked next to the white car?

Seriously though, it'll probably end up more like ...

cute-fight.gif

@Whiskey_Clear with a kick!
gtg comes back with a kick!
Whiskey comes back with a right cross!
gtg with a savage right cross of his own!
Oh, tha humanity!!