All, thanks for the good times, and this will be a fun experiment

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
I have long maintained that the reason you guys didn't compete for 4 and 5 star recruits under CPJ had more to do with GT than it did CPJ. I maintained that your academic situation made long term high level recruiting untenable, and that doing things the same way as UGA was unlikely to lead to success vis a vis UGA.

It looks like we'll be finding this out in a live experiment. FUN!

My hoos will have my undivided attention for the time being, but I wanted to say the last decade has been a real blast with you guys, and I genuinely hope you find your offense as fun as I will likely find it boring :)

Also, last but not least, big shout out to @PBR549 .

Turns out he was right and I was wrong; CPJ WAS gone within 2 years of canning Ted Roof. You get the last laugh, my friend :)

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Definition of "look at me, look at me" thread.

(Just giving you a hard time...thanks for your contributions to our board over the years)

slugboy

Staff member
I have no clue what our offense will be. It’s. a complete mystery, for now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Agree with you some but I do believe the offense hindered recruiting offensive linemen and QB's but clearly our defensive recruiting wasn't overwhelmingly great either. Hopefully we see you around once a year for the UVA game where you can make fun of whatever terrible coaching hire we make.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
So some of y’all just root for the 3option or a certain coach but not GT?
You must be new if you don't know ilovetheoption's story. Been slinging a lot of hate and judgement for not knowing things.

@ilovetheoption hope you poke in every now and then. I've already lost a few of my favorite posters on this site don't make me lose another for good.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I have long maintained that the reason you guys didn't compete for 4 and 5 star recruits under CPJ had more to do with GT than it did CPJ. I maintained that your academic situation made long term high level recruiting untenable, and that doing things the same way as UGA was unlikely to lead to success vis a vis UGA.

My hoos will have my undivided attention for the time being, but I wanted to say the last decade has been a real blast with you guys, and I genuinely hope you find your offense as fun as I will likely find it boring :)

Turns out he was right and I was wrong; CPJ WAS gone within 2 years of canning Ted Roof. You get the last laugh, my friend :)

Thanks for everything. I learned a lot from you and I’m sad you’re saying goodbye. Until we get the TO again...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Oh man, I'm gettin a little misty ...

@ilovetheoption , we shared so much these years. The CavMan gif. Giggling like school girls when the option was run to perfection. Hearty pats on the back at the Turkey Necks of Roanoke bumfumbling with an empty trophy case. Did I mention the CavMan gif?

Alas, seems things are coming to a fitting end. Speaking of "fitting", since you are a Vaginia fan, I thought it fitting to see you out the door with a gif ...

bye.gif

That came from the heart, ilove. Be strange, but don't be a stranger.

Milwaukee

Banned

You're wrong about recruiting, we can land qualified 4 and 5's here with the right recruiters. There are 4 and 5's that qualify for Georgia Tech each year we just simply don't win the battle. Is it harder than UNC or UVA? Sure, but it can be done. PJ eluded to this in his retirement presser.

That being said, personally I'm gonna miss your content. You are the type of fan with your high football IQ that we need in this fanbase. I know you're an option guy but my intuition tells me you understand the x's and o's of all schemes in great detail so it sucks to see you go. Don't be a stranger, I'd love to see you lurk and post occasionally...or every week please.

giphy (67).gif

Last edited:

Milwaukee

Banned
No zima chuggers or option lovers needed here

No zima chuggers or 3O lovers needed here imo. Time for something new.

Can't tell if you're serious or not, but I hope you're joking. That dude knows more about football than you probably know about your job.

But the Zima thing was funny.

Animal02

Banned
You're wrong about recruiting, we can land qualified 4 and 5's here with the right recruiters. There are 4 and 5's that qualify for Georgia Tech each year we just simply don't win the battle. Is it harder than UNC or UVA? Sure, but it can be done. PJ eluded to this in his retirement presser.

That being said, personally I'm gonna miss your content. You are the type of fan with your high football IQ that we need in this fanbase. I know you're an option guy but my intuition tells me you understand the x's and o's of all schemes in great detail so it sucks to see you go. Don't be a stranger, I'd love to see you lurk and post occasionally...or every week please.

View attachment 4646
Just because they qualify for admittance doesn't mean they have any interest in the extremely shallow degree offerings at Tech, nor be willing to but up with the academic rigors. You are delusional if you think a "recruiter" coach is going to make a serious dent into that matrix

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Just because they qualify for admittance doesn't mean they have any interest in the extremely shallow degree offerings at Tech, nor be willing to but up with the academic rigors. You are delusional if you think a "recruiter" coach is going to make a serious dent into that matrix

I just don't know why so many of our fans think this is possible - a winning personality will convince kids to go to a place that is SO, SO different. Maybe, maybe I say, we can get a few more 4 star guys, but that is questionable, and I think I could win the lottery before we get a 5 star guy.

Milwaukee

Banned

I respect your opinion Animal, but you and 75% of the excuse makers here are wrong. Bebe Thomas and Josh Nesbitt weren't a conspiracy, so just stop trying to play those dumbass cards that we conveniently only play when we can't land recruits. But let's do this in another thread, not this one.

Hopefully the new staff can haul them in.