All is forgiven if?????

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
And if you are really down on our season, a game, or a play of ours....just re-watch the Michigan/Michigan State ending! :)
I have to get on a soapbox for a second.

The behavior that some UM fans had toward that kid on twitter and other media is inexcusible. How can you claim to be a fan of the team and its SA's then tell one of the players (who does a ton of good for your team throughout the year) to go "start chugging bleach" among other things? I hope everyone on this board is above that type of behavior.

If you find yourself doing something like that I recommend you never watching sports again until you become mature enough to handle the fact it's just a game.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer

The behavior that some UM fans had toward that kid on twitter and other media is inexcusible. How can you claim to be a fan of the team and its SA's then tell one of the players (who does a ton of good for your team throughout the year) to go "start chugging bleach" among other things? I hope everyone on this board is above that type of behavior.

If you find yourself doing something like that I recommend you never watching sports again until you become mature enough to handle the fact it's just a game.

Trust me when I say there are "fans" on this board that would do the very same thing if this or something similar occurred in a Tech game.

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow

I agree!! It was just an unbelievable hard to watch ending!

BufordJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
While anything is possible, this year against the Mutts should be not terribly competitive. They have a solid defense and can run the ball. Their passing game is erratic, but our pass rush is non-existent. They should beat us easily.

Having said that, if we did beat them as a diehard GT fan I agree that all would be forgiven. I simply don't think we are all that competitive with them anymore.
Not competitive.......did you watch last years game. I think we won.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Beating Uga twice in a roll would be GREAT but doesn't warrant "All is forgiven". I think if you're going to base this season on beating Uga you may want to rethink your priorities about football.

I'm basing my comment on readjusted expectations from the results of the season as we stand now ... no Coastal or ACC Championship etal

And yes, I think if we are competitive in all our remaining games, winning as many as possible and beat UGA(G) I see no reason why we can't regroup for next year.

dhbartlett12

Ramblin' Wreck
admit it: a 3-9 season in which we beat the mutts would be something truly special, something we would all cherish for a loooooong time.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Going 1-11 and beating the mutts would be somewhat amusing...id rather do it goin 11-1. I'm glad our team has shown lots of grit and fight and no quit. Focus on FSU. Chance to make a big statement and get some momentum back. If we play a good game in all three phases we can get them. Play poorly in any phase and likely not. FSU is good.

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
While I believe there is nothing to forgive, I do think it is reasonable to look at what remaining goals can we accomplish given where we are at this point of the schedule. And, beating UGA again is a major one. That doesn't mean anyone is happy or satisfied with our record.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
admit it: a 3-9 season in which we beat the mutts would be something truly special, something we would all cherish for a loooooong time.
Sorry, I can't bring myself to cherish a 3-9 season no matter who we beat. That would just be an awful season. While I love the UGA game and the history of the rivalry, I never understand those who think it is more important than every other game combined. Now if we can scrape together 3 wins and then beat UGA. That would be a remarkable turnaround worth remembering.

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
Sorry, I can't bring myself to cherish a 3-9 season no matter who we beat. That would just be an awful season. While I love the UGA game and the history of the rivalry, I never understand those who think it is more important than every other game combined. Now if we can scrape together 3 wins and then beat UGA. That would be a remarkable turnaround worth remembering.
Agreed... Perhaps unlilje last year the stars have aligned against us this year ...graduation, injuries, difficult schedule...etc...
I had a great time at the PITT game... Even in the loss...the Clemson game was the one that is irksome... We were dominated and had no chance....boring

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Win or lose I think our guys get after it and are fun to watch. Of course I prefer the winning part but I stand behind our guys through thick and thin. We seem due. Hope we make some magic Saturday night against a darn good team.