All is forgiven if?????

GT Tennessee

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm to the point that I don't care what happens with this season. All I want to do is beat the Leg Humpers at the end of the year period. I'm to that point. Not calling for coaches head or anything crazy. I believe in CPJ, but this season is painful. Beat the Mutts and all is forgiven.

ybeenormal

Jolly Good Fellow
That's all I hope for too but unfortunately the mutts problems are not on d against the run. Hope we expose them

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
You guys are a lot more pessimistic than I am. I guess I always think in terms of what is possible. We are a tough out for every we have left to face. If we are lucky enough to win this weekend, I would not be surprised at all. As a team, we control our own destiny a lot more than some of us on this board would like to think.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
While anything is possible, this year against the Mutts should be not terribly competitive. They have a solid defense and can run the ball. Their passing game is erratic, but our pass rush is non-existent. They should beat us easily.

Having said that, if we did beat them as a diehard GT fan I agree that all would be forgiven. I simply don't think we are all that competitive with them anymore.

SavannahBee

Georgia Tech Fan
As long as the team keeps fighting to improve dealing with inexperience and injuries through the toughest 10 game schedule Tech has faced in many years, they are forgiven in my mind. We have struggled mightily and the team has had some really tough luck. It happens. There is no reason this team can't find a way to win two or three down the stretch, maybe more. A win next week could change everything. And this is absolutely achievable. The offense is improving. The D and ST need to step it up and give us more snaps on O.

I am not going to pin "forgiven if" on a particular win or end of season record. Watch for improvement and look forward to the huge rebound we will see. In 2016!

Beating UGA would be and always is super sweet! That goes without saying.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
As long as the team keeps fighting to improve dealing with inexperience and injuries through the toughest 10 game schedule Tech has faced in many years, they are forgiven in my mind. We have struggled mightily and the team has had some really tough luck. It happens. There is no reason this team can't find a way to win two or three down the stretch, maybe more. A win next week could change everything. And this is absolutely achievable. The offense is improving. The D and ST need to step it up and give us more snaps on O.

I am not going to pin "forgiven if" on a particular win or end of season record. Watch for improvement and look forward to the huge rebound we will see. In 2016!

Beating UGA would be and always is super sweet! That goes without saying.
Agree. I don't think this team needs to be forgiven, nor the staff. They haven't done anything bad to me. I really really want us to win games. I do. But if the kids are working hard and improving, that is all that can be really asked at this point. If we do those things, some wins will come our way. I feel sure.

Old School

Jolly Good Fellow
Leaving the game yesterday I was encouraged. Pitt is a solid team that is well coached. We had 5 TRUE freshman who played the entire game and we still could have won. We improved this week. Marshall gives us a home run threat that teams will struggle with. MLD is a good looking A back. We can win every game from here on out. Brant Mitchell looks and plays like a stud! What a freshman class!!

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Aren't the teams we have lost to a combined 25-4 . Those are some good teams we have faced. The hardest schedule in football at once.
" dance with the one that brought ya"
I like the heart of this team!..
We will have an embarrassment of riches if all stay we next year.
There will be some leaders to emerge. ..
Let's play out this season and build onto something special next year!

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
I'm to the point that I don't care what happens with this season. All I want to do is beat the Leg Humpers at the end of the year period. I'm to that point. Not calling for coaches head or anything crazy. I believe in CPJ, but this season is painful. Beat the Mutts and all is forgiven.
Beating Georgia covers a multitude of sins. Not beating Georgia is what killed Chan Gailey among others. Coach Johnson probably sees this more than most of our recent coaches except for O'Leary. I don't think we can beat them but they are beatable for this team with some luck and a few timely turnovers.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Beat uga. Ok. Its a start. Then forgiven if after beating uga many of the asst staff is shaken up. Everyone knows the names. Usual suspects plus one coordinator.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
To start winning some games we need the vets stepping up and playing like vets, the young guys to keep improving, and the coaches to figure out how get the most out of what we've got.

To date none of that's been happening but I thought Pitt was the best we've looked so far.

I really believe if we practice this week with renewed effort and intensity we have a great shot at beating FSU. Actually IMO if we play our best game--which we've not come CLOSE to doing this year--we will beat them and it won't be close.

Just gotta prepare hard to give us the best chance of playing our best game.

GTMD

Georgia Tech Fan
I had to step off the emotional roller coaster otherwise know as Georgia Tech football for a bit. Still a fan as I have been 35+ years but this season has made me feel numb- it's a way of self protection to avoid getting hopes up only to come crashing down. This season has been a particularly big crash given the preseason expectations (I REALLY thought we'd improve on an awesome 2014 and be a playoff contender- spent a LOT of money for tickets and travel to south bend for three generations of jacket fans in my family). The crash and burn numbing effect may take out the excitement for the season but I agree that it all comes down to beating UGA- it's really the only tangible goal we have left (ok maybe the bowl streak but I'm not going there)

This was the hardest time for me as a fan since the post national champ season.

It's all about next year for me now and hopeful that a Phoenix will rise from the ashes of the 2015 season

I have hopes the ACC will improve and that we send someone into the playoffs and that we dominate the bowl season.