AJC reporting Fritz is the guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
If the story is true - a big if as these things go - then I'm ok with it. Firtz was mentioned as a prospect when Paul left and I thought he was hands down the best choice if we didn't go with Moncken. (And talk about four lost years! Moncken would have been as successful as Paul or more.) Then that was because he would know what to do with the players better then the others. Now, it is because he checks so many boxes at once.

For all that, if the choice had come down to Key or Fritz, I would take Key. Fritz has a better resume, but Key is younger and will deliver a winning record sooner or later. But … we'll know what the decision is sooner or later.
What I’m gathering is 1. It’s far from true 2. There’s a massive acceptance of journalists who are okay with having zero credibility. Creating talking points and becoming walking clickbait is enough for people to keep coming back in today’s world.

The equation used to be…
Attention - realized truth = money
Unfortunately it is now…
Attention = money

Until somebody comes out with sourced information, please know that merely liking, commenting or any interactions with the ~pot stirrers~ will be feeding further nonsense.
I know journalist are just doing their jobs, but don’t give the media mice their undeserved cookies.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
So when did we interview him?

What does a football interview involve? I would assume a custom prepared presentation to a committee and a 1:1 with J? Half a day? Probably days of prep if not more to get ready?

How does he have time to do this in the middle of the season with a chp next weekend?

/

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
All I can say is that Ken really gave him self a bad look by dropping that story last night without fully vetting his sources . For all we know Fritz may turn down the offer now or we never offered at all.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Follow up by Ken:

Tech fans have seen him before, whether they remember it or not. In 2014, Tech played Georgia Southern in his fourth game of the season. Ahead 28-7 in the second quarter, the Jackets then allowed Fritz’s Eagles back in the game and Georgia Southern took a 38-35 lead in the fourth quarter before Tech scored the game-winning touchdown in the final minute.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Follow up by Ken:
A replay overturned a pass into a fumbled lateral that we recovered around mid field. It was a close call and JT showed what a great athlete he is to score the winning score. I think it was a pass.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Fritz saying he loves New Orleans. Hasn’t taken the GT job. Family is happy, great Athletic Director to work for…..

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
A replay overturned a pass into a fumbled lateral that we recovered around mid field. It was a close call and JT showed what a great athlete he is to score the winning score. I think it was a pass.

Replay confirmed it was a fumble actually. Was called a fumble on the field.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Deflects and never says he will not be at GT next year. All indications say he’s coming after the game Saturday
If they win Saturday they’re going to the Cotton Bowl. That’s a big damn deal for Tulane. I wonder if he’d bolt Sunday or want to coach that game. We couldn’t wait for him if he wanted to coach the bowl.

SilverFox81

Georgia Tech Fan
If they win Saturday they’re going to the Cotton Bowl. That’s a big damn deal for Tulane. I wonder if he’d bolt Sunday or want to coach that game. We couldn’t wait for him if he wanted to coach the bowl.
I think that is why JBatt is putting the pressure on him to make a decision.

Vespid

Jolly Good Fellow
That would be odd if not unprecedented. I honestly can't recall the last P5 head coach who coached his previous team in a bowl after taking another job in the modern era of CFB. It would probably be a deal breaker for sure.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
That would be odd if not unprecedented. I honestly can't recall the last P5 head coach who coached his previous team in a bowl after taking another job in the modern era of CFB. It would probably be a deal breaker for sure.
Didn't Kirby do that?

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

Didn't Mendenhall do that before taking the UVA job?

Status
Not open for further replies.