AJC reporting Fritz is the guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
Rumors stink. the Auburn one about Kiffin just resulted in him getting a sweeter deal. but it's wrong. I hope this rumor is a rumor and not real. This is not a good choice. Hope I'm wrong.

gorcone

Georgia Tech Fan
Man if somehow we could retain Key as AHC/Oline coach and promise him head coach in waiting after Fritz retires and Key could learn under him would be awesome, long shot I know.
That is what I have been hoping for as the best dual purpose solution. Keep Key on staff a HC in waiting and he can guide Fritz through the players.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
That is what I have been hoping for as the best dual purpose solution. Keep Key on staff a HC in waiting and he can guide Fritz through the players.
HC in waiting? Makes no sense esp if he has to wait like 8 years...

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I get it on most matters, just not sure if they make a “Dewey Defeats Truman” proclamation unless they are 100% certain. We shall see.
In my opinion, Ken does much better on human interest stories than on stories that can be fact checked. Also, this story didn't actually say that Fritz is the new coach, it said "Georgia Tech has agreement with next football coach, likely Tulane’s Willie Fritz".

The current news media method of operation seems to be to get the story first, instead of get the story right. News sources that consistently get things first but wrong are more popular than news sources that wait and get complete and accurate stories. It puts a lot of pressure on reporters to report "something" as soon as they have even a scrap of information.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
I think he's a solid coach. I'm more surprised we're hiring a 62 year old coach. He's older than Paul Johnson was when Johnson retired
62 is still ok. Spurrier coached into his 70s and knew when to retire, unlike Bowden. Al Groh was in his 60s.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
So the rumor may or not be true now…

All I know is all the guys on here proclaiming hiring Fritz to be an abject disaster have no idea what they’re talking about. I was here in Statesboro to witness the jump to FBS and all he did was win, immediately. GSU messed up bad when they let him leave for Tulane. AD wouldn’t guarantee his contract more than one more year. He walked.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

If we wanted Key to be HC after Fritz we'd tell him to go take the UAB job and get experience and prove himself. Not put him in the exact role he just had the past 4 years.

Creative

Georgia Tech Fan
In my opinion, Ken does much better on human interest stories than on stories that can be fact checked. Also, this story didn't actually say that Fritz is the new coach, it said "Georgia Tech has agreement with next football coach, likely Tulane’s Willie Fritz".

The current news media method of operation seems to be to get the story first, instead of get the story right. News sources that consistently get things first but wrong are more popular than news sources that wait and get complete and accurate stories. It puts a lot of pressure on reporters to report "something" as soon as they have even a scrap of information.
Again, I get it, but this is not a political story, which is what you’re talking about.

Creative

Georgia Tech Fan
How so? Another punt blocked yesterday. Tulane is 18 in the country and he had GSU winning right away after the jump to FBS. I would have supported key, for certain, but I don’t feel this is bad

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
How so? Another punt blocked yesterday. Tulane is 18 in the country and he had GSU winning right away after the jump to FBS. I would have supported key, for certain, but I don’t feel this is bad
Which punt was blocked yesterday? We had a low snap we couldn't get the punt off, but it wasn't blocked. We did give up some too long returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.