AJ Gray and Jake Stickler medical redshirts

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Next man up! You just have to keep on truckin! If you dwell too long on the negative you will miss the opportunity to make chicken salad out of chicken feces.

Go Jackets!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I was not aware stick was hurt???
I was afraid he would just pass on his 5th year like linemen did in the past..

He is a great young man ( he really is 6 5 .

Now with the stick gone who's a 5th year senior we have to pray that Marshall's foot holds up . Then the backups in support of our best O l (Marshall Bryan Cooper Braun and Lee.) can get some playing time.

We have zero depth at tackle and if marshall is out all we have Will bryan ( who played there part time . If we put him at rt and a new rg - the back ups have zero experience.

I wonder if marshall at center would protect his foot.

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
I'll always wonder what AJ could've been. He was a good safety, great in run support. However, I feel his talents might've been better suited as a super fast LB, or even as a QB like he was in HS. But, happy that he contributed so much to us and I'll miss him.

Andewa

Jolly Good Fellow
That's very sad, but the silver lining for these kids is that several years ago, they chose to take the harder route and attend a school whose degrees are worth a damn. Football's not going to pan out for these guys, but they have a solid back-up plan.

How many kids does this happens to every year at schools where they give meaningless degrees? What are those kids going to do? Those aren't the stories recruiters will tell you about...

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
I'll always wonder what AJ could've been. He was a good safety, great in run support. However, I feel his talents might've been better suited as a super fast LB, or even as a QB like he was in HS. But, happy that he contributed so much to us and I'll miss him.

I completely agree with you in regards to the LB option. He seemed built to play a hybrid LB role and surely thats where he would've projected in the NFL. Woody's new scheme would've been really interesting for a player like AJ.

Very disappointed for both guys, that's got to be tough.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer

Yeah, I always had huge expectations for him and thought he was on the verge of becoming an all-ACC level player. At least it’s good we’ve had probably our best recruiting successes in the defensive backfield over the last couple years so we do have talent waiting to get on the field.