Ahmarean brown has entered the transfer portal

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
Why a program is a dumpster fire matters not. In either instance, a recruit is entering a situation where there is not a lot of assurance but with the possibility of a fresh start in a "new" system.
It does matter. Which direction is the program going? That matters quite a bit. What will he have around him?

I have no clue what awaits him in SC, but do know he’s walking away from a true freshman qb who showed a lot of promise, an OL that is getting better, and a cohesive coaching staff.

If he went somewhere with a proven qb and system that heavily utilized WRs it would be different. He didn’t. He went to a bad SEC east team who just fired their coach. Maybe the new guy sold him, but it’s not like he went to UCF or something like that. He left a rebuild heading into year 3 for one going into year 1.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
It does matter. Which direction is the program going? That matters quite a bit. What will he have around him?

I have no clue what awaits him in SC, but do know he’s walking away from a true freshman qb who showed a lot of promise, an OL that is getting better, and a cohesive coaching staff.

If he went somewhere with a proven qb and system that heavily utilized WRs it would be different. He didn’t. He went to a bad SEC east team who just fired their coach. Maybe the new guy sold him, but it’s not like he went to UCF or something like that. He left a rebuild heading into year 3 for one going into year 1.

He's walking away from 3 wins a year and an offense that hasn't thrown the ball his way a whole lot. The very reason you say he shouldn't go to USC(e) would be the same for transfers coming to GT. No proven QB, bad ACC team, no real promise of a fast turnaround. SC probably wins 6 games next year with a competent coach. Their schedule has a lot of winnable games on it and there is talent on that team. The last time SC finished outside of the top 20 in recruiting (per Rivals) was 2016, and then they were 26th. He's walking into a rebuilding team with a lot more talent on it than here at GT.

BTW, their 2020 class was top 20 even with a fired coach. Better than we did by a decent margin.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
He was mid at best this season. Not trying to crap on him but I’m not seeing the disconnect that makes us bad fans because we aren’t happy for him to be leaving.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
BTW, their 2020 class was top 20 even with a fired coach. Better than we did by a decent margin.
What? They fired Muschamp this year and their recruiting class is ranked 100. We cherry picked one of their top recruits. Their admin made Beamer keep Bobo, probably only because of his relationship with Stockton. That is a recipe for disaster.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
What? They fired Muschamp this year and their recruiting class is ranked 100. We cherry picked one of their top recruits. Their admin made Beamer keep Bobo, probably only because of his relationship with Stockton. That is a recipe for disaster.
Yea. They signed 9 total guys and have a slew of guys jumping in the portal; including their stud RB. Brown is their only inbound transfer

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck

none of that fits the crap on Collins narrative. Come on man, get on board. You do realize that even the rain outside is an opportunity to C on C, don't you?

GT_EE78

Banned
That's true but misleading. Beamer will gain ground in the late signing period.
SC shows up at #21 in the talent composite with 2 5 stars and 24 4 stars
Brown is going to a much more talented team

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
That's true but misleading. Beamer will gain ground in the late signing period.
SC shows up at #21 in the talent composite with 2 5 stars and 24 4 stars
Brown is going to a much more talented team
Last year, bruh.
Edit, NM. They still have to play UGA, UF, and rotate LSU and Bama. They are a perennial 3rd place finisher in the SEC East outside of a few Spurrier years

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

I stand corrected. I see the page I loaded was the 2020 rankings. I still don't think they are in that bad a position. There's still a lot of talent on that roster.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Does it really matter why he left? He's not bad mouthing our staff or school or incoming recruits. So, again, does it matter?
When the word gets out he is leaving because of family and then winds up at USCe, people are going to make observations. iiwii

GT_EE78

Banned
Does it really matter why he left? He's not bad mouthing our staff or school or incoming recruits. So, again, does it matter?
Not as far as AB goes,
but we need to remember that KQ spouts BS sometimes,, the next time he spews a hot tip.
KQ on 12/11 " was told by trusted sources that there are some family health issues so he wants to get closer to home."

We'll miss AB's speed but i wish him the best.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
We are still with no real long threat right now.It hurts us.
I’ll say we have no established deep threat at the moment. But there are high expectations on guys like Nate McCollum, Jamal Haynes, and Malik Rutherford to fill that hole in our game. I’m bummed AB decided to leave but I’m excited to see what these kids can do. Nate was beginning to get more PT this year but got banged up, I think. But he should be back.

Hopefully we’ll get Avery Boyd back healthy and full speed sometime next season. He‘s a guy we had a our camp in 2019 and loved him for his combination of speed and size (he’s 6’2”ish, almost 200lb) and offered him and got him even though he wasn’t super highly rated. He got hurt this year as well so I’m just hoping he’s 100% healthy coming back.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I’ll say we have no established deep threat at the moment. But there are high expectations on guys like Nate McCollum, Jamal Haynes, and Malik Rutherford to fill that hole in our game. I’m bummed AB decided to leave but I’m excited to see what these kids can do. Nate was beginning to get more PT this year but got banged up, I think. But he should be back.

Hopefully we’ll get Avery Boyd back healthy and full speed sometime next season. He‘s a guy we had a our camp in 2019 and loved him for his combination of speed and size (he’s 6’2”ish, almost 200lb) and offered him and got him even though he wasn’t super highly rated. He got hurt this year as well so I’m just hoping he’s 100% healthy coming back.

Leo Blackburn. Remember that name. BIG and fast. Can play in line, in the slot, and out wide. He's going to matchup nightmare for defenses if our coaches scheme him.

I like the slot guys you named coming in as well. I'm not sure their top end speed is as fast as AB, but I think they're just as quick in short space, and they're explosive.

Add in Gibbs, we really should have 2-3 guys on any play that our coaches and Sims can pick out the mismatches...and I think that applies to teams we have to play against in the top tier of our conference.

We'll see...IMO, next year is an important year for our staff especially on the offensive side.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Leo Blackburn. Remember that name. BIG and fast. Can play in line, in the slot, and out wide. He's going to matchup nightmare for defenses if our coaches scheme him.

I like the slot guys you named coming in as well. I'm not sure their top end speed is as fast as AB, but I think they're just as quick in short space, and they're explosive.

Add in Gibbs, we really should have 2-3 guys on any play that our coaches and Sims can pick out the mismatches...and I think that applies to teams we have to play against in the top tier of our conference.

We'll see...IMO, next year is an important year for our staff especially on the offensive side.
You are so right. I had totally forgotten about Leo. Your reminder has me even more excited!

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Not as far as AB goes,
but we need to remember that KQ spouts BS sometimes,, the next time he spews a hot tip.
KQ on 12/11 " was told by trusted sources that there are some family health issues so he wants to get closer to home."

We'll miss AB's speed but i wish him the best.
Why I refuse to pay for BS news.