Ahmarean brown has entered the transfer portal

DuckGT

Ramblin' Wreck
Everyone that feels the need to question the staff or locker room need to settle down. AB quit, end of story. He is kind like that kid that got on that plane when asked not to and we know the rest of the story. He picked usce becaus they were the only p5 offering.
And very desperate. Their WR play was horrendous this season.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Apparently all the Florida schools passed on him. The truth could still be the family thing, in which case I actually feel bad for the kid.

FWIW, Mike Norvell personally reached out to him on Twitter. Multiple UCF coaches reached out to him. In my experience following recruiting, when a head coach reaches out to a recruit, and when multiple coaches from one school reach out to a player, that means they are highly interested in that player.

I'm sure there's more to the story. However, I don't think it's all Florida schools passing on him.

SarasotaJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
FWIW, Mike Norvell personally reached out to him on Twitter. Multiple UCF coaches reached out to him. In my experience following recruiting, when a head coach reaches out to a recruit, and when multiple coaches from one school reach out to a player, that means they are highly interested in that player.

I'm sure there's more to the story. However, I don't think it's all Florida schools passing on him.
Correct, not all FL schools, just 4 of the them, 2 of which you mentioned.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Not as far as AB goes,
but we need to remember that KQ spouts BS sometimes,, the next time he spews a hot tip.
KQ on 12/11 " was told by trusted sources that there are some family health issues so he wants to get closer to home."

We'll miss AB's speed but i wish him the best.
Maybe he did and none of the schools there had room for him?

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Then why not just stay here?
Think there were some other things going on. I do believe he was probably in happy with how the offense was evolving but also think his lack of size and strength were going to be problems. Our other slots are more physical than he is. I don’t believe he was ever going to be our #1 receiver and that combined with family led him to transfer. My guess he was surprised that SC was his best offer. No inside info mind you, just piecing together a number of comments and sources.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Well now we know why it was a surprise to us all. AB states Tech was always a stepping stone to try and show out, then transfer to the SEC. 🤷‍♂️

Good luck to him but I just don’t think he’s that good. You have to run more than fly patterns and he never seemed to keen on going across the middle.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
That doesn’t make a lot of sense. I just checked his recruiting profile, and he reportedly had offers from Alabama and Kentucky. If he wanted to go to an SEC school so badly, why not just do so from the start?

"reportedly had offers"

Key sentence. There's no real way to be sure what offers are real as coaches can't comment on recruits.