After one season, how are we feeling?

Is CDS the guy to lead us back to the success we knew back in the day?

• Absolutely. He's the man.

• I think so. I'm confident we're on the right track.

• Eh, maybe? His first year underwhelmed me.

• Not feelin' it. I think we made a bad hire.

Results are only viewable after voting.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
ESPN spent about 10 min this morning talking about the number of KY "fans" who are increasingly disappointed with the tourney results from Cal. Went so far as to say it wasn't out of the realm of possibility that he could be removed - Got all into the discussion before saying he has a $33M buyout :oops: :p That is 10 min of my drivetime I will never get back :cool:

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
I have some fast horses and a beautiful woman. It's nice here in KY. I doubt the buyout is a big deal. The crowds will run JC off if he doesn't figure out how to win in the post season soon.
Calipari said he is going to rethink his team construction strategy as he has 18 & 19 year old kids playing against 22-23 year old men.

He intends to be active in the Portal and not rely as much on just 5 star HS players.

Good strategy change. He should have no problem getting elite level Portal players.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Georgia Tech is young and I think CDS did a pretty decent job coaching this year. His strength will be recruiting. Not sure about his ability to teach fundamentals and x’s and o’s ,he will have to bring in good assistants. When he brings in his guys and players that fit his system I think georgia tech will be successful. GT struggled with many thing this year and most importantly handling pressure, breaking the press, and inbounding the ball. At times georgia techs spacing and moving without the ball were stagnant. GT needs to improve in these areas if they are to make the dance next year
I think teaching fundamentals is probably what CDS spends the most time on. He is a stickler for getting “the little things right.”

Xs and Os is still a question mark but won’t matter as much if he gets a couple more beasts on the team.

spdrama

Jolly Good Fellow
I think teaching fundamentals is probably what CDS spends the most time on. He is a stickler for getting “the little things right.”

Xs and Os is still a question mark but won’t matter as much if he gets a couple more beasts on the team.
When the right beast comes along, CDS will know what to do
1711282457721.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5158.jpeg
    IMG_5158.jpeg
    523.4 KB · Views: 2

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
Except Cremins was at Tech 19 years. And even in his last years his teams were still running out of time to inbound a pass.

But I loved him ❤️
I remember all of kinds of details from that era and have never heard anyone complain about the Cremins teams struggling to inbound the ball.

I remember Cremins teams stealing inbounds passes at the end of close games (Maryland '86 ACCT, UNC '89).

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
Hewitt's teams after 2005 really struggled to inbound the ball. The struggles continued under Brian Gregory. Pastner cleaned-up the problem immediately and decisively. His teams rarely struggled to get the ball in bounds. Last year it was a problem again.

My observation is that teams that have no problem on in-bounds plays are those where the trigger man knows where he is going with the ball before players start making cuts. My theory is that teams that run particular plays with scripted cuts and screens, and pre-designed first, second and third options are the teams that have no problems.

On the other hand, teams that run in-bounds based on principles and read-and-react, there is too much hesitation on the part of the trigger-man because he is not sure where he is going, and that hesitation allows the defense to close-out.