After one season, how are we feeling?

Is CDS the guy to lead us back to the success we knew back in the day?

• Absolutely. He's the man.

• I think so. I'm confident we're on the right track.

• Eh, maybe? His first year underwhelmed me.

• Not feelin' it. I think we made a bad hire.

Results are only viewable after voting.

YellowJacketsFan24

Georgia Tech Fan
Georgia Tech is young and I think CDS did a pretty decent job coaching this year. His strength will be recruiting. Not sure about his ability to teach fundamentals and x’s and o’s ,he will have to bring in good assistants. When he brings in his guys and players that fit his system I think georgia tech will be successful. GT struggled with many thing this year and most importantly handling pressure, breaking the press, and inbounding the ball. At times georgia techs spacing and moving without the ball were stagnant. GT needs to improve in these areas if they are to make the dance next year

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Georgia Tech is young and I think CDS did a pretty decent job coaching this year. His strength will be recruiting. Not sure about his ability to teach fundamentals and x’s and o’s ,he will have to bring in good assistants. When he brings in his guys and players that fit his system I think georgia tech will be successful. GT struggled with many thing this year and most importantly handling pressure, breaking the press, and inbounding the ball. At times georgia techs spacing and moving without the ball were stagnant. GT needs to improve in these areas if they are to make the dance next year
REALLY concerned about -in-bounding as mentioned.That is pure coaching.Good teams can actually hurt the pressteams sometimes in in-bounding.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
REALLY concerned about -in-bounding as mentioned.That is pure coaching.Good teams can actually hurt the pressteams sometimes in in-bounding.
Inbounding the ball is about 10th on our list of issues. We probably had 6-8 inbound turnovers at most in 30+ games.

The team has lots to do this off season. Most important is the roster construction. There is no close second. The roster will determine the buy in and everything that follows from that.

bgeorge12

Georgia Tech Fan
This is just a bizarre stat. I don't have any insight abut how a team produces a stat line like that except that I suspect that it has more to do with something between the ears than talent or coaching. Not sure if it says more about what is going on between our players' ears or the ears of the opponent players.
Good point about between the ears of our opponents. However a stat like this is a red flag on the coaching staff preparation, mainly in consistency of preparation. We won’t know this for awhile. Pastner had a similar trait in knocking off a few ranked teams but losing to many lesser teams. Does anyone besides me wonder about the total roster makeup? I look at UConn, Purdue, Duke, UNC annually and see more diversity in their rosters. We took in Murphy from Air Force and didn’t use him. He had a decent career out West. We shot 32% from 3 points for the season. UNC brought in Ryan from ND. Tennessee brought in Knecht. There are guys out there. You have to want that diversity.

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I like Kentucky but not the coach.
He left UMass and Memphis in shambles
I saw an interview with Calipare sp? before their game. He blatantly used the time to give an ad for recruits. He said 70% of his players go to the NBA and 70% of those get renewed contracts. How great he develops them... I and the announcer were shocked. And they have not won a first round game i like 4 years. What a jerk

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
I like Kentucky but not the coach.
He left UMass and Memphis in shambles
Ya know, Calipari showed up at Kentucky with his one-and-done show, and Coach K hated it but was forced to go along with the trend. Then he showed he could out-Calipari Calipari when he won another natty with three starting freshman (Winslow, Okafor, Jones) in 2015.

But I don't think any coach who gives a damn about his players wants to coach them for one year and then holler, "Next!" I think most of these guys enjoy developing young talent over the course of three to four years. You think K has the same relationship with Zion Williamson that he has with Johnny Dawkins?

One-and-done was the precursor to today's NIL and transfer portal, and I blame Calipari for it. Now, after losing to Oakland (a much "older" team) he's whining about possibly need to change his approach.

Whatevs.

Last edited: