Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
CD4CB461-19DF-4EC3-8D88-D59DFAAD5702.jpeg
C3D3AACC-F7CD-4DFB-ADDA-1736CDFB8918.jpeg

Still think these are nice concepts.

Would like to add Blue and gold on the neck line and Adidas on the shoulder

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I took a look at the new uniforms from pics taken at ACC media days and uhhh...

WHAT THE HELL? They look exactly the same as last year. I’m not sure what I was expecting, but I wasn’t expecting to have the same uniform with an adidas logo thrown on there.

This adidas move generated so much hype and since then, everything about it has been so disappointing. What gives? GT doing GT things, I guess...

trammell_68

Georgia Tech Fan
I took a look at the new uniforms from pics taken at ACC media days and uhhh...

WHAT THE HELL? They look exactly the same as last year. I’m not sure what I was expecting, but I wasn’t expecting to have the same uniform with an adidas logo thrown on there.

This adidas move generated so much hype and since then, everything about it has been so disappointing. What gives? GT doing GT things, I guess...

DH9387

Jolly Good Fellow
We aren't the only ones impatiently awaiting the arrival of adidas gear:

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/jackets-excited-antsy-for-adidas-gear/JAbxzRdPSceO7327zNQriM/
Georgia Tech quarterback TaQuon Marshall got a peek at some new Adidas apparel Wednesday at the ACC Kickoff. He liked what he saw.

“Oh, man, I cannot wait,” Marshall said. “I saw the gloves (Wednesday) when we were doing that little photo shoot, and, I mean, they’re amazing.”

Anticipation for the arrival of Adidas gear, as well as the opening of the new locker room, is high among Yellow Jackets players.

“The guys are definitely getting antsy,” linebacker Brant Mitchell said. “Antsy about that and the locker room, as well. I know when we come back for camp, everything will be in full swing, so it should be pretty exciting times around Bobby Dodd.”

However, like many Tech fans who have been awaiting the arrival of Adidas apparel for purchase, they’re ready to have it in their hands. For instance, team members are waiting to take delivery of their new cleats.

“I asked them (Wednesday),” coach Paul Johnson said. “They were talking about not getting their cleats yet and breaking them in. They’re kids; they’re excited. They want to get the new stuff.”

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I wish adidas could lay it on the line and come up with a great looking “Old Gold” that would contrast enough with White so there would be zero need for any Blue Trim.

I don’t object to a one of Blue uni, or even a charcoal, but would love to see us set a standard for a WHITE & OLD GOLD uni. We would be unique in the world of college football.

Thinking in terms of Texas, Penn State, bama type traditional uni, but only if adidas can get the Gold right.

But, not gonna happen.

Truth is, our last R traditional unis were not bad in regards to design / trim. And, outside of perhaps some standardized fan / team colors, I don’t expect anything earth shattering.

On or off the field.

Last edited:

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I wish adidas could lay it on the line and come up with a great looking “Old Gold” that would contrast enough with White so there would be zero need for any Blue Trim.

I don’t object to a one of Blue uni, or even a charcoal, but would love to see us set a standard for a WHITE & OLD GOLD uni. We would be unique in the world of college football.

Thinking in terms of Texas, Penn State, bama type traditional uni, but only if adidas can get the Gold right.

But, not gonna happen.

Truth is, our last R traditional unis were not bad in regards to design / trim. And, outside of perhaps some standardized fan / team colors, I don’t expect anything earth shattering.

On or off the field.

The gold you see in this forum is THE gold for GT now.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Maybe if the blue is simply seen as a background color chosen to make the gold stand out even more it will be easier for some to swallow. Personally I will always associate gold and GT and hope it stays that way but I would prefer winning in navy Russell uniforms than losing in Adidas gold ones (not that those are actually the options)

i associate blue with winning a natty in ‘90