Adam Gotsis arrested

sorry about the caps and short hand on swarm - lazy and no feeling in finger tips.

english
At gt i learned u must have read the book before u write the report for a ga tech professor. Baffle w bs max grade C minus ( First grade at Gt = F w note Please read the assignment.
As a combat army office i learned to write in a patrol orders = nothing left to doubt.
At Exxon - learned the grammar nerds ruled and content was secondary.

Also learned to shorten letters and executive summaries as if you are at an airport and about to get on plane.

At my Engr company learned and taught letter only needs to say - What, Why, How, and What Now.

As owner - hired a couple of vp who could fix the engineers reports without embarrassing them .

I STILL CANT WRITE!
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
sorry about the caps and short hand on swarm - lazy and no feeling in finger tips.

english
At gt i learned u must have read the book before u write the report for a ga tech professor. Baffle w bs max grade C minus ( First grade at Gt = F w note Please read the assignment.
As a combat army office i learned to write in a patrol orders = nothing left to doubt.
At Exxon - learned the grammar nerds ruled and content was secondary.

Also learned to shorten letters and executive summaries as if you are at an airport and about to get on plane.

At my Engr company learned and taught letter only needs to say - What, Why, How, and What Now.

As owner - hired a couple of vp who could fix the engineers reports without embarrassing them .

I STILL CANT WRITE!
i was just picking at you. but if you were an officer that explains everything!

LibertyTurns

Banned
True. My father, an ever flowing fountain of wisdom gleaned from service in the Navy and going to Georgia Tech, once told me: "Keep your dipstick where it belongs, and you will not be caught in embarrassing circumstances because then you will be on your own".
If only this was a true statement!

It is good advice to keep your dipstick stowed except for authorized purposes.

Animal02

Banned
Whiskey you are saying that your apparently well informed sources, indicate that the number of "regret sex" is more frequent than legit rapes? That is disturbing that people will lie and not consider the consequences of destroying another person's life and reputation out of convenience. What is the world coming to?
Saw a study once that put the false accusations / regret accussations in the 22-28% range. But that was many years ago.

Animal02

Banned
Widely circulated description of engineers when I was at Tech: "Four years ago I didn't even know what an enguneer was; now I are one."
Architects start off knowing very little about a very lot of things, as time goes on, the know less and less about more and more until they know practically nothing about everything.
Engineers start off know a very lot about a very little, as time goes on, they know more and more about less and less until they know practically everything about nothing.
Contractors start off knowing everything about everything, but as time goes on, know nothing about anything, having to deal with architects and engineers:whistle:

Architects start off knowing very little about a very lot of things, as time goes on, the know less and less about more and more until they know practically nothing about everything.
Engineers start off know a very lot about a very little, as time goes on, they know more and more about less and less until they know practically everything about nothing.
Contractors start off knowing everything about everything, but as time goes on, know nothing about anything, having to deal with architects and engineers:whistle:
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer

We the unwilling, led by the unknowing, have done so much for so long we are now qualified to do anything with nothing..........................................:cool:

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
I had her for two years at Langford. She, Elizabeth Orwell, and Ruth McAuliffe were the best teachers I ever had anywhere
I had Mrs. Seidman for 9th grade English at Langford. When I transferred to Tech. Mr. Roper asked me who I had for chemistry. When I answered Mrs. Otwell, he said," we bump you up two grades because you've had freshman Chemistry."

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
An accusation alone is not and has never constituted probable cause.

That's not entirely true. In cases of sexual crimes, child abuse, and domestic violence, a signed affidavit from the accuser can be considered probable cause for an arrest. If, for instance, a friend corroborates that the accused confided to them at the time, then that would also be deemed as evidence and could be considered as probable cause as well.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Whiskey you are saying that your apparently well informed sources, indicate that the number of "regret sex" is more frequent than legit rapes? That is disturbing that people will lie and not consider the consequences of destroying another person's life and reputation out of convenience. What is the world coming to?

I don’t know the percentages in cases involving adults. Just that this does happen fairly frequently. The false allegations are often obvious to the investigators pretty early on due to the implausible stories the alleged victims tell and or the inconsistencies in their statements.

Some of their cases are also possibly true allegations but near impossible to prove. Stranger on stranger rapes are pretty rare but they happen.

A large percentage of what special victims investigators handle are child crimes which don’t apply to this type of incident.

But again I don’t have any exact numbers just anecdotal info.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
That's not entirely true. In cases of sexual crimes, child abuse, and domestic violence, a signed affidavit from the accuser can be considered probable cause for an arrest. If, for instance, a friend corroborates that the accused confided to them at the time, then that would also be deemed as evidence and could be considered as probable cause as well.

That is not an accusation alone though is it? It’s an accusation with some corroborating info also. Even this hypothetical however is to thin to provide pc.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
That is not an accusation alone though is it? It’s an accusation with some corroborating info also. Even this hypothetical however is to thin to provide pc.

Even without a second witness, police get warrants for arrest routinely with just a signed affidavit, which is just a formal accusation. They don't even need that if they feel there is danger involved to either party. In a case like this, however, all there needs to be as "more than reasonable suspicion" that a crime occurred to invoke probable cause. The case law on this is murky because SCOTUS has intentionally left it to the lower courts to define, and they have been scattershot in their findings. This is why so many people are championing police reforms. In reality, a policeman gets to determine probable cause at the scene, and in this case, a judge had to determine there was probable cause, which is a very low bar legally.

Now, as for specifics to this case, I have no inside info, but I am frankly disturbed that a judge issued a warrant for arrest considering the crime was not recent. Unless there was a rape kit performed at the time, but the rape was not reported, I don't see how there could be evidence to support, excepting video or witnesses. That being said, procedurally, the arrest may have happened because Gotsis is not a US citizen and therefore could be used to bar him from international flights pending results of an investigation. (This is pure speculation on my part as well)

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Even without a second witness, police get warrants for arrest routinely with just a signed affidavit, which is just a formal accusation. They don't even need that if they feel there is danger involved to either party. In a case like this, however, all there needs to be as "more than reasonable suspicion" that a crime occurred to invoke probable cause. The case law on this is murky because SCOTUS has intentionally left it to the lower courts to define, and they have been scattershot in their findings. This is why so many people are championing police reforms. In reality, a policeman gets to determine probable cause at the scene, and in this case, a judge had to determine there was probable cause, which is a very low bar legally.

Now, as for specifics to this case, I have no inside info, but I am frankly disturbed that a judge issued a warrant for arrest considering the crime was not recent. Unless there was a rape kit performed at the time, but the rape was not reported, I don't see how there could be evidence to support, excepting video or witnesses. That being said, procedurally, the arrest may have happened because Gotsis is not a US citizen and therefore could be used to bar him from international flights pending results of an investigation. (This is pure speculation on my part as well)

There is a lot here I think is just plain incorrect.

Let’s stay focused on PC though.

“Probable cause for arrest exists when facts and circumstances within the police officer's knowledge would lead a reasonable person to believe that the suspect has committed, is committing, or is about to commit a crime. Probable cause must come from specific facts and circumstances, rather than simply from the officer's hunch or suspicion.”

https://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-rights/probable-cause.html

The link delves into pc for search warrants etc also but PC has the same standard there as well.