Adam Gotsis and DJ White receive NFL Combine Invites

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
4.50 2nd 40 unofficial!
Vertical jump - 33.0
Broad Jump - 132.0 (tied for 2nd place)

33.0 Vertical Jump and 132.0 Broad Jump (he placed 2nd, not tied, in the Broad Jump at 11 feet).

This puts him as a "Top Performer" in the Bench Press & Broad Jump Categories.

He's tracking almost identically with the highest ranking CB in the draft (Hargreaves, from Florida) in that they both ran 4.50 forties, DJ put up 17 reps vs his 15, DJ had a 33 inch vertical vs. his 39 inch vertical, and DJ had a 132 inch Broad Jump vs. his 130 inch Broad Jump. He also has bigger hands and longer arms than Hargreaves, is a bit taller but not as heavy.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-performers#year=2016&workout=BROAD_JUMP&position=CB

nfl.com/combine/profiles/d.j.-white?id=2555555

nfl.com/combine/profiles/Vernon-Hargreaves?id=2555299

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
An 11ft Broad Jump and 4.5 forty doesn't equate to a 33" vert. Unfortunately, he is not his best day in the on-field drills so far. Hopefully, he can finish up strong

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
33.0 Vertical Jump and 132.0 Broad Jump (he placed 2nd, not tied, in the Broad Jump at 11 feet).

This puts him as a "Top Performer" in the Bench Press & Broad Jump Categories.

He's apparently in the Top 14 in the 40 as well.

He's tracking almost identically with the highest ranking CB in the draft (Hargreaves, from Florida) in that they both ran 4.50 forties, DJ put up 17 reps vs his 15, DJ had a 33 inch vertical vs. his 39 inch vertical, and DJ had a 132 inch Broad Jump vs. his 130 inch Broad Jump. He also has bigger hands and longer arms than Hargreaves, is a bit taller but not as heavy.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-performers#year=2016&workout=BROAD_JUMP&position=CB

nfl.com/combine/profiles/d.j.-white?id=2555555

nfl.com/combine/profiles/Vernon-Hargreaves?id=2555299

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Outside of the the "elite tier" of DBs (Jalen Ramsey, Hargraeves, Apple, etc.) DJ had a really good day for the next tier of DBs. LOTS of slow DBs today, but DJ more than held his own. At the end of the day, the combine isn't going to erase the last 3 years of tape for anyone.

Mayock said DJ was a good, solid player. If he's a "good, solid" player in the pros, he'll have a decent career.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
Okay, so the "Official Top Performers" are the Top Three, so DJ only made that in the Broad jump...

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Look. Avg db 40 time at the combine is 4.55
Average for the wr was 4.56

Point is. Anything better is above average. And it shows you just how fast 4.50 is.

We throw around 4.2 or 4.3 with kids all the time like its easy. Lol. That is rare arse speed. I still dont think anyone cracked 4.3 officially yet this year. And not many times in general. How many cracked 4.4 this year? Just a few....

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Look. Avg db 40 time at the combine is 4.55
Average for the wr was 4.56

Point is. Anything better is above average. And it shows you just how fast 4.50 is.

We throw around 4.2 or 4.3 with kids all the time like its easy. Lol. That is rare arse speed. I still dont think anyone cracked 4.3 officially yet this year. And not many times in general. How many cracked 4.4 this year? Just a few....

Think about this, Keith Marshall @ 4.31, 5'11" 219 lbs. Think he made himself a little money? Waste of talent by the clowns in Athens.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
D.J. White, Georgia Tech, 5-11, 193
Expected to be on everyone’s hot list after the first round, White did everything he was supposed to with a 4.49 40 and a special broad jump with an 11’ leap. He wasn’t all that quick in the short drills, and he’s destined to be safety at some point, but he did a good job.
Projection: Third Round

http://collegefootballnews.com/2016/nfl-scouting-combine-workout-analysis-cornerbacks

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Think about this, Keith Marshall @ 4.31, 5'11" 219 lbs. Think he made himself a little money? Waste of talent by the clowns in Athens.
Crap I was still hoping he'd graduate and transfer to us to play with his bro for a year, didn't realize he was entering the draft. I thought all his denials were just to keep their inbred fans from harassing him. Good luck to him, though, he's always seemed like the rare classy player over there.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer

I would too bench gurley and chubb for an injured marshall :)

I wouldn't say they wasted his talent, but lets be real, timing was bad...he tore his knee and had two heisman hopefuls that are legit...on top of sony michel

the thing that kills keith marshall is his tape, injury and the fact RB are not what they used to be. But I agree...he only helped himself for sure....!!!!!

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I would too bench gurley and chubb for an injured marshall :)

I wouldn't say they wasted his talent, but lets be real, timing was bad...he tore his knee and had two heisman hopefuls that are legit...on top of sony michel

the thing that kills keith marshall is his tape, injury and the fact RB are not what they used to be. But I agree...he only helped himself for sure....!!!!!

I didn't say a thing about benching Girley or Chubby in favor of an injured Marshall. I do think they rushed him back and that didn't help Marshall. Remember Chubby had yet to bust out when Marshall came back the 1st time. ;)