AD Hire: J Batt

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
a sizable portion of the fanbase i think wants to be closer to oregon state, app, army than bama. any idea of replicating anything done at a “big school” is scary and uncharted territory so they would prefer to just wallow in mediocrity “the tech way” than try to aim higher
Maybe so, but none of those teams have won a national championship. Tech has won four. Our goals have consistently been higher than being someone's doormat. Everyone needs to stand back and give this man some working room. He will have us being closer to the Capstone than Oregon State soon enough.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
2nd quarter switch for me (y). Never looked back......

High Five Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

All these engineers rn ...

Reality React GIF by Married At First Sight

JacketFan137

Banned
Well … let's just get to where we have as successful a football program as App State (10-3 in 2021) and Army (9-4 in 2021) and then we can start looking to be better. 10 and 9 win seasons, no matter what the competition, are by definition not mediocre.
g5 football is a different beast entirely

JacketFan137

Banned
Not sure about that. Older alumni remember when it was Alabama chasing Tech.
not saying that it is the majority or anything. i just think there is a significant vocal group that is terrified of attempting anything resembling bama and bigger programs because it isn’t the tech way. reality is there are things bama/insert big team here have done that we haven’t and that’s why we are so far behind.

i think hiring a respected AD is the first step towards righting that

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Also, having done a fair amount of hiring even in my early career, quick hires only happen when it’s your absolute favorite and best option. Otherwise you don’t rush the process. Those in charge must really like this guy so with that in mind, I’m excited for the future.
Angel - like u - didnt start looking after you terminated a key employee.
Hopefully we started before season started.
Thank goodness Key got 2 wins or Batt may have Satt

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
I think this is a solid hire. ADJB has a well rounded resume, ACC experience, and hopefully will dig deep to put the right coaches in place. I'm excited for our major programs to see increased support in the long term. Welcome to the Flats!
:buzz:

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
It’s not the fear of winning, it’s the fear of failing.

The path to winning is often full of failure. But if you don’t try, you can’t fail. So most people just don’t try to win. Instead they sit in their comfort zone and criticize those who do try and eventually fail.
It does appear that way on the surface most of the time doesn't it.

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Angel - like u - didnt start looking after you terminated a key employee.
Hopefully we started before season started.
Thank goodness Key got 2 wins or Batt may have Satt
Indeed. I’ve been super fortunate that I’ve never had to terminate an employee yet but I definitely still have about 3 others in the organization I have earmarked as “next up”

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
not saying that it is the majority or anything. i just think there is a significant vocal group that is terrified of attempting anything resembling bama and bigger programs because it isn’t the tech way. reality is there are things bama/insert big team here have done that we haven’t and that’s why we are so far behind.

i think hiring a respected AD is the first step towards righting that
I think you must be a bit on the younger side. Bama used to chase us, so I'm not sure where you are getting this idea that Tech fans don't want to be the top of the pile.