AD Hire: J Batt

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Good photoshop work ;)

1665779263719.png

Novajacket

Jolly Good Fellow
A little worried now that he doesn't qualify for the 40 under 40 list. Otherwise based on my 5 minute read of the announcement, looks like a home run.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
This. I’ll wait ten years and decide. What I know about Athletic Directors available would fit in a thimble.
Me too!! It appears to me that we had certain special needs at this time and maybe they hired the person that was available that most fit those needs, isn't that what you do sometimes? I don't have to be real smart to see the number one problem we've had for the longest was cash flow and way too much debt for all we were trying to do. I never stopped and really looked at it until maybe 2-3 years back.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I hope Batt will work out. I think there's a good chance he will. I fear that he will find Tech a place where difficulties generating the kind of support he had at Bama, the limits of Tech's curriculum, and the academic standards will make his job harder then he anticipates. If he can find ways to solve Tech's financial woes (with Cabera, of course), recasts the AA for success, and adapts to the environment he could be a great hire. That's tall order, but, with the right support from the top, achievable.

Now, about that coaching situation in football …
Yep, he COULD be fine but I would like him having a bit more exp in hiring coaches /personell and maybe less in revenue aspects.Of course, I thought Tstan was close to perfect. hmmm

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
What's the name for the logical fallacy where you compare something to a perfect ideal, **** all over that thing for not being the perfect ideal, and ignore that the perfect ideal is an impossibility?

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I happen to believe the single biggest thing that holds people back from being successful in life is fear of winning.
It’s not the fear of winning, it’s the fear of failing.

The path to winning is often full of failure. But if you don’t try, you can’t fail. So most people just don’t try to win. Instead they sit in their comfort zone and criticize those who do try and eventually fail.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
This is a good hire and I believe a guy like this can revive the football and men's basketball programs. Now we need to get some rear ends in the stadium for Thursday night. I'm feeling much better about the direction that we are going with football now. Go Jackets.

Side note: Don't get upset with this comment, but even though we can afford it now, I suspect we'll see a women's soccer team in a few years. The AD is a former soccer player for UNC.
I would love a soccer team.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
He’s good. Dare I say better than we could have hoped for at this juncture. He’s young, driven, excellent at his job, a former athlete, and has all the respect of those in the know.

This might be the best hire GT has made in a decade outside of Nelly as BBall coach for the women.

And Ramsey as Asst HC for baseball.

This is a good hire and I believe a guy like this can revive the football and men's basketball programs. Now we need to get some rear ends in the stadium for Thursday night. I'm feeling much better about the direction that we are going with football now. Go Jackets.

Side note: Don't get upset with this comment, but even though we can afford it now, I suspect we'll see a women's soccer team in a few years. The AD is a former soccer player for UNC.

And keep the baseball team moving up, not just NCAAs every year but advancing.

A little worried now that he doesn't qualify for the 40 under 40 list. Otherwise based on my 5 minute read of the announcement, looks like a home run.

Given his background: GOAL. But he was a goalie, so maybe not.

I know nothing about this other than the twitter stuff and what is written here. Great news.

Novajacket

Jolly Good Fellow
And Ramsey as Asst HC for baseball.

And keep the baseball team moving up, not just NCAAs every year but advancing.

Given his background: GOAL. But he was a goalie, so maybe not.

I know nothing about this other than the twitter stuff and what is written here. Great news.
I was thinking that I should use Goal, but my dumb engineering *** couldn’t figure out if that’s the equivalent. I need an equation to be more precise.