AD Candidate List

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
Tech has outlined these key things to all candidates: How will they lay out a successful NIL pathway, how they plan on handling the media (Stansbury was scared of the media), ideas for raising money and navigating the debt issues at tech. Tech is putting a massive emphasis on the NIL piece of it, they want a AD who has a realistic plan for it.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
As odd as his tenure at AUB was, I imagine he's the one that's had to deal with the stuff we're facing going forward.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Got an update for y’all: I’ve heard the name Zac Selmon from my buddy (my most trusted source). Selmon is the current Deputy AD at Oklahoma. He fits about every box that tech wants in a new AD. He’s a young up and coming mind, some have viewed him as the next Oklahoma AD since their current one is getting up in age.

Got an update for y’all: I’ve heard the name Zac Selmon from my buddy (my most trusted source). Selmon is the current Deputy AD at Oklahoma. He fits about every box that tech wants in a new AD. He’s a young up and coming mind, some have viewed him as the next Oklahoma AD since their current one is getting up in age.
Weren't there Selmon brothers that played at Oklahoma? Very good players for the Oklahoma Sooners if he is one of them.

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Does this mean Neff is for sure out? Would assume he's just comfortable staying put at this time.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
So many people on here b**** about Stansbury’s football hire killing his career, yet support Greene after he made a terrible hire at Auburn in Harsin. What? I’ve even seen some people try to rationalize it by saying he stabilized the rest of their athletic programs. That’s exactly what Stansbury did. If you tried to run Stansbury off you can’t just go right back and hire the same guy over again.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
So many people on here b**** about Stansbury’s football hire killing his career, yet support Greene after he made a terrible hire at Auburn in Harsin. What? I’ve even seen some people try to rationalize it by saying he stabilized the rest of their athletic programs. That’s exactly what Stansbury did. If you tried to run Stansbury off you can’t just go right back and hire the same guy over again.

It sounds like a lot of GT fans are not too hot about Greene. IMO, it's a very uninspiring pick if he's the guy.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I'm not advocating one way or the other for Greene. Harsin was not his decision. I think Greene is a far better AD than Stansbury but whatever.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Does this mean Neff is for sure out? Would assume he's just comfortable staying put at this time.

Yes. Neff is not leaving Clemson, even if Momma comes calling. Not at this point in his career.

I wonder if Pepper ever thought about his career if he hadn't left UCLA to come back to GT.

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
Stansbury should have been fired because of Collins' contact, regardless of how Collins panned out. He negotiated against himself and committed to a stupid buyout and then set a Jan1 date for the buyout to drop. Both those are incompetent AD work.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Geoff Duncan has shown the intestinal fortitude to speak truth to power- he would be a strong AD imo, although I image he has other aspirations. His political plans may be dead though because of his stance against the big lie.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I'm not advocating one way or the other for Greene. Harsin was not his decision. I think Greene is a far better AD than Stansbury but whatever.
Some say the boosters went over Greene’s head in order to get Gus out and Harsin in. Well, if that’s true it looks terrible on him because he isn’t able to stand up to the big money guys and do his job as the athletic director and hire the best coach available.

Some say the boosters didn’t want Harsin and he went and got him anyway. Well, if that’s true it looks terrible on him because Harsin has been a nightmare at Auburn and was never, ever going to be a cultural fit.

Either way, he was responsible for the hire, the same way Stansbury was responsible for the Collins hire.

What reasons are there that Greene is the superior AD than Stansbury? ADTS raised more money for the GTAA and contributed to more renovation projects than any AD Tech has seen since Homer Rice. Stansbury led a pretty miserable Georgia Tech athletics program when he took over to it’s performances in the Director’s Cup since the turn of century. He brought our average finish in the Cup up 30 places from when he took over.

When Greene took over as Auburn’s AD in 2018, they were 13th in the Director’s Cup. By 2021 they were 86th in Director’s Cup standings, and 12th in the SEC. That’s literally worse than where Tech was at that point in time.

By every measurable, Stansbury is a better AD than Greene, or at the very least he was just as good when you consider how many more resources Auburn had than GT.

Unless you can pull some data and not just anecdotal evidence that you love to use so much, I just don’t see Greene being a step up from ADTS at all, in fact he might be a step back.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Some say the boosters went over Greene’s head in order to get Gus out and Harsin in. Well, if that’s true it looks terrible on him because he isn’t able to stand up to the big money guys and do his job as the athletic director and hire the best coach available.

Some say the boosters didn’t want Harsin and he went and got him anyway. Well, if that’s true it looks terrible on him because Harsin has been a nightmare at Auburn and was never, ever going to be a cultural fit.

Either way, he was responsible for the hire, the same way Stansbury was responsible for the Collins hire.

What reasons are there that Greene is the superior AD than Stansbury? ADTS raised more money for the GTAA and contributed to more renovation projects than any AD Tech has seen since Homer Rice. Stansbury led a pretty miserable Georgia Tech athletics program when he took over to it’s performances in the Director’s Cup since the turn of century. He brought our average finish in the Cup up 30 places from when he took over.

When Greene took over as Auburn’s AD in 2018, they were 13th in the Director’s Cup. By 2021 they were 86th in Director’s Cup standings, and 12th in the SEC. That’s literally worse than where Tech was at that point in time.

By every measurable, Stansbury is a better AD than Greene, or at the very least he was just as good when you consider how many more resources Auburn had than GT.

Unless you can pull some data and not just anecdotal evidence that you love to use so much, I just don’t see Greene being a step up from ADTS at all, in fact he might be a step back.

Stansbury is also.........uhhhhhhhhh.........ahhhhhhh..........very.........ummmmmmmm.......good with.........ahhhhhhhhh.........contract negotiatioin and........uhhhhhhhhh........ahhhhhhhhh.......media relations and........ummmmmmmm..........fashion eye wear! :LOL: ;)🤣

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Stansbury is also.........uhhhhhhhhh.........ahhhhhhh..........very.........ummmmmmmm.......good with.........ahhhhhhhhh.........contract negotiatioin and........uhhhhhhhhh........ahhhhhhhhh.......media relations and........ummmmmmmm..........fashion eye wear! :LOL: ;)🤣
Good one dude. Glad you got that 3 years old joke in there when facts get presented.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer

Wrong on multiple levels. Gogue engineered Harsin's hiring, and once Gogue was gone, Greene lost his support.

He wasn't fired. He resigned.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Good one dude. Glad you got that 3 years old joke in there when facts get presented.

Honestly, his lack of communication skills likely played a part in his firing along with the hiring and contract of Collins. I hate that he lost his job. He is a Tech guy and this was his dream job. But like Collins, likely not prepared for this job based on his performance and just weird things, like not paying off the buyout to OSU after being paid more to do it and then getting sued over it.