Acumen of Members/Posters Present, Future, Past

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I’m too lazy to do it but it would be interesting if someone scoured this site & took historical predictions and calculated the accuracy of posters. There’s a ton predictions from a ton of posters of this guy’s going to be the next HOF’er or this coach is going to excel & in the rear view mirror not so much.
Yep.

I guess that's why this is an opinion site and not a news service. I have gotten in the habit over the last few years of taking months off at a time from visiting this site. Funny that whenever I come back I discover that the cast of characters and opinions haven't changed much and very little real information happens.

I am not bashing the site, or the posters, just saying it is a harmless place to waste time if you don't take it too seriously.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
That’s what all message boards are. I’ve never understood how posters to any type of forum get so emotionally attached to what others posters type, let alone get into arguments with anonymous people.
Thank u for the good advice.
Please post more often- 36 is in botton percentage.

dhbartlett12

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m too lazy to do it but it would be interesting if someone scoured this site & took historical predictions and calculated the accuracy of posters. There’s a ton predictions from a ton of posters of this guy’s going to be the next HOF’er or this coach is going to excel & in the rear view mirror not so much.

I went through about half of my posts. Probably got 40% correct. The correct predictions were usually "X is going to be good." My hot takes however are useless garbage. Dont ever listen to me.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Yep.

I guess that's why this is an opinion site and not a news service. I have gotten in the habit over the last few years of taking months off at a time from visiting this site. Funny that whenever I come back I discover that the cast of characters and opinions haven't changed much and very little real information happens.

I am not bashing the site, or the posters, just saying it is a harmless place to waste time if you don't take it too seriously.

This site is probably more factual and less opinion than today’s news and thats sad

News is LOW acumen and made up now

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Isn't that what ur doing? Stay away if it's not ur cup of tea. Poke and run is by def a troll.
Glad to see new generation of posters.

I have never put anyone on ignore.

It took a whike to realize that sone posters are so invested in a narative that they cant be convinced.
I have tried the technique of presenting numbers and names to discussions but to no luck.

Some fresh posters may have better luck.

If u want a duel be careful what u ask for as they travel as a group, have unlimited time, and it only takes 20 posts vef o.j re they slur you.

Good luck.

ScGold

Banned
Glad to see new generation of posters.

I have never put anyone on ignore.

It took a whike to realize that sone posters are so invested in a narative that they cant be convinced.
I have tried the technique of presenting numbers and names to discussions but to no luck.

Some fresh posters may have better luck.

If u want a duel be careful what u ask for as they travel as a group, have unlimited time, and it only takes 20 posts vef o.j re they slur you.

Good luck.
Not sure what ur getting at by this. Dueling someone? Man that escalated quick. May I suggest eating a honey biscuit and enjoy the holiday.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
The moderators have worked to

It is becoming bbuzzoff. I suspect that it will eventually share its fate.
Well, I think a ton of fonts from that site eventually ported over here. What did you expect?

When John and Eric started this site, it was awesome, full of details, recruiting, back channel info that was really accurate. Then Eric had a kid and backed off. From there is has devolved into arguments about colors, what true fandom is, internet bullies and such. At one point, almost all the threads were relevant to what was going on. Now, we have to wade through mountains of garbage to get the gems and nuggets. I guess that's what happens when you grow.

Thanks just a few thinks I would like to know more about. Why after 46 years of marriage can't my wife cook ? Why is it when we go out to eat I ask her where do you want to go and get the answer anywhere. But after I name a place she will say well not there pick another place and we do this till I final pick the place she wants. Would it not save time for her to just tell me. Also why is it if I'm watch a program on TV she waits till the commercial is over to talk? And why after she got dressed today and come down stairs and asked me does she look fat . All I said was fat compared to what, its not like I said yes. Last are all,women confusing like this ?
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Well, I think a ton of fonts from that site eventually ported over here. What did you expect?

When John and Eric started this site, it was awesome, full of details, recruiting, back channel info that was really accurate. Then Eric had a kid and backed off. From there is has devolved into arguments about colors, what true fandom is, internet bullies and such. At one point, almost all the threads were relevant to what was going on. Now, we have to wade through mountains of garbage to get the gems and nuggets. I guess that's what happens when you grow.

It was always a possibility to moderate for rational discussion where opinions needed to be supported by evidence when challenged.

The moderators chose to support those who posted unsupported opinions defended only with personal attacks and to treat challenges to opinions as if they were personal attacks.

One can't drive away substance contributers and complain that the site lacks the substance it once had.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
The moderators have worked to

It is becoming bbuzzoff. I suspect that it will eventually share its fate.
I pray this doesn't happen.

Some troll to heavily, others have thin skin, most enjoy getting caught up on GT stuff[emoji2]. Granted, that's JMO.

Early on I learned a lot from those that helped explain the X's and Os. Helped bring more appreciation to the game.

I appreciate the recruiting insites from those that not only invest the time into keeping up with it, but also take the time to share it with the rest of us.

I've made and met new friends and look forward to meeting more in the future.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I pray this doesn't happen.

Some troll to heavily, others have thin skin, most enjoy getting caught up on GT stuff[emoji2]. Granted, that's JMO.

Early on I learned a lot from those that helped explain the X's and Os. Helped bring more appreciation to the game.

I appreciate the recruiting insites from those that not only invest the time into keeping up with it, but also take the time to share it with the rest of us.

I've made and met new friends and look forward to meeting more in the future.
Appreciate your experience of this site.

Seems like there used to be more Xs and Os discussion and discussion of position battles and such. Maybe it is just me but it feels like for awhile people had gotten more cranky or something. It seemed more snarkyness and put downs occurred as well as people questioning people's honesty or motives. I have wondered at times if people use this site just to let out aggression so that they don't fight with their spouse or kick the dog.

After taking a few months off it feels like the moderators have cleaned this up a bit and things are better.