Aced it!

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Lucius Sanford and Mackel Harris were awesome back in the 70s. There was a play against Duke where Sanford had the hardest and loudest hit I can recall on the Duke quarterback. Thought the QB may never get up. There were some studs amongst us old guys.
Sanford went in a game against Notre Dame as a freshman. On a goal line stand he hit a ND running back so hard the entire stadium let out an “oof” sound. The running back didn’t get off the ground for several minutes.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Sanford went in a game against Notre Dame as a freshman. On a goal line stand he hit a ND running back so hard the entire stadium let out an “oof” sound. The running back didn’t get off the ground for several minutes.
I know a fella who played on that GT team. He said Sanford hit him so hard in practice once he almost got knocked out. Dude could HIT.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Ace did not look good early last year but as the year wore on he looked more and more comfortable with what we were doing and began to play a lot faster. I thought he'd have a chance to have a big year this year and so far so good.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Ace did not look good early last year but as the year wore on he looked more and more comfortable with what we were doing and began to play a lot faster. I thought he'd have a chance to have a big year this year and so far so good.

Reading the PFF scores both Ace and CT had a tougher game than it appeared (and way below their season PFF scores.) The DE's had a very good game, so I wonder if Duke adjusted to either block or play to exploit our LBs given they have been so strong coming into this game? I just find it odd that our two NFL-caliber LBs scored poorly while our much-less-heralded DEs score their best game of the year.

ChristoGT

Jolly Good Fellow
Lucius Sanford and Mackel Harris were awesome back in the 70s. There was a play against Duke where Sanford had the hardest and loudest hit I can recall on the Duke quarterback. Thought the QB may never get up. There were some studs amongst us old guys.

He did the same thing to the Air Force qb also. Just planted the guy.
Today, those plays would have resulted in a roughing the passer penalty. Sigh.
"That sounded like a hard hit, so I better throw a flag", says the ref.:inpain:

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
Some of that improvement in lb play is a result of a more effective dl. Those guys up front are eating blockers freeing up the lbs to make plays. Look at the attention White gets. Douse has been very effective as well.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Tenuta was a blitz machine, but they finally figured out how to handle it
Tenuta was done in by the contact rules for dbs alot of his pass defense was about making thr middle a no fly zone while the blitzing got home. Up tempo spread and rule changes affected the entire way we play defense. In to of that he played in an acc that was primarily running offenses

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
No offense to Ace, but I think we have several candidates. Thomas and Brooks should be in the running.

I'm just going to assume that he misspelled "Charlie Thomas" as "Barrett Carter".
I suspect if CT had been able to stay in the game he'd be the easy favorite, but as it is he has missed about 1.5 games of play time.