Aced it!

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
I just wanted to take a moment and give a shout-out to Ace Eley.

The dude just doesn't get the props that match his impact on this team.

He has 35 solo tackles, 30 assists and 3.5 sacks through six games. He also has 3 Fumbles Forced. What an impact and incredible story.

Thank you Ace for being a Tech Man!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Sitting in west during early early pre warm ups. #2 was lined up on sideline doing individual drills for in game snaps. Working on sliding feet and not running. He did this for about 3-5 minutes - got faster and fsster . The recruits on sideline were gawking .

He and #1 are maximizing our dl by hitting the rb in hole and not from side. YAC has gone down.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
A nice pic of Ace Frehley seems apropos at this moment.
1665332112061.jpeg

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Oh , by way
Sitting in west during early early pre warm ups. #2 was lined up on sideline doing individual drills for in game snaps. Working on sliding feet and not running. He did this for about 3-5 minutes - got faster and fsster . The recruits on sideline were gawking .

He and #1 are maximizing our dl by hitting the rb in hole and not from side. YAC has gone down.
Also right next to #2 the db coach was working w 2 gt dbs guys that came out for some personal pre game instruction. When they took off for dressing room, the gt coach went over and talked to recruits.
Always selling in a genuine manner.

Last edited:

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
I was a student when Key Fox and Darryl Smith roamed the field…I’m hesitant to put them on that level, but they may be there. Really good LB play this season.
I also hesitate, but below isn’t a bad spot either. Have to throw in Wimbush to that unit. Not there, but considering you have two long term nfl starters, pretty good to even have a discussion

Flajacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I was a student when Key Fox and Darryl Smith roamed the field…I’m hesitant to put them on that level, but they may be there. Really good LB play this season.
I was a student when Lucius Sanford and Mackey Harris were our LB corps. Saw Lucius while walking up the hill one afternoon, that guy looked like the proverbial ’chiseled out of granite’ athlete.

Jay Alexander

Jolly Good Fellow
I also hesitate, but below isn’t a bad spot either. Have to throw in Wimbush to that unit. Not there, but considering you have two long term nfl starters, pretty good to even have a discussion
Phillip Wheeler was another stud LB. Also have to give props to Sedrick Griffin and Quashawn Nealy.

For me, I can’t remember a duo of Tech LBs that complemented each other as well as Charlie and Ace since Fox and Smith.

There’s probably been a few, but that was the pairing I could come up with.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Phillip Wheeler was another stud LB. Also have to give props to Sedrick Griffin and Quashawn Nealy.

For me, I can’t remember a duo of Tech LBs that complemented each other as well as Charlie and Ace since Fox and Smith.

There’s probably been a few, but that was the pairing I could come up with.
Fox and Smith were only 2/3 of our 4-3 LB crew. With a 4-2-5, we only need to. But throw in Philip Wheeler and Gerris Wilkinson to that group of LB's. We had a bunch of really good LB's under Gailey.

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
I was a student when Lucius Sanford and Mackey Harris were our LB corps. Saw Lucius while walking up the hill one afternoon, that guy looked like the proverbial ’chiseled out of granite’ athlete.
Lucius Sanford and Mackel Harris were awesome back in the 70s. There was a play against Duke where Sanford had the hardest and loudest hit I can recall on the Duke quarterback. Thought the QB may never get up. There were some studs amongst us old guys.

5277hike

Jolly Good Fellow
Lucius Sanford and Mackel Harris were awesome back in the 70s. There was a play against Duke where Sanford had the hardest and loudest hit I can recall on the Duke quarterback. Thought the QB may never get up. There were some studs amongst us old guys.
He did the same thing to the Air Force qb also. Just planted the guy.