ACC v Ga Tech

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
ACC has it out for any team not from the state of North Carolina, and not named Florida State or Clemson.

Kidding...but not really...
I think that's one of the reasons that Maryland left for the Big 10+2. I think Boston College and Syracuse could possibly leave the ACC in the future for the American Athletic Conference because the guys running the ACC don't give a sh*t about them.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
The treatment GT gets from the ACC is why South Carolina left the ACC in 1971.

I've said it a few times before and I'll say it again now; I believe the ACC is treating GA Tech differently than other members of the Conference, and as such, I believe this is grounds to claim they have breached their Contract with us, which means our Grant of Rights Agreement we signed with them can be voided due to their breach, and if we decided to join another Conference (like the BIG), I believe we could do so without penalty (at least we'd have a damned good argument/case to make), and with us being in the Atlanta market, I'm thinking BOTH Conferences would want us...

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
I've said it a few times before and I'll say it again now; I believe the ACC is treating GA Tech differently than other members of the Conference, and as such, I believe this is grounds to claim they have breached their Contract with us, which means our Grant of Rights Agreement we signed with them can be voided due to their breach, and if we decided to join another Conference (like the BIG), I believe we could do so without penalty (at least we'd have a damned good argument/case to make), and with us being in the Atlanta market, I'm thinking BOTH Conferences would want us...
If GT continues to get the sh*t end of the stick from the ACC in the future It wouldn't bother me if GT went to the American Athletic Conference and best case scenario the Big 10+2 or the SEC.

Deleted member 2897

I'm not with this "woe is me" attitude...why don't we just nut up and win the games? If we want respect, just win the games. This happens in every conference with select teams for various reasons.

I don't particularly care one way or the other, this is football...strap up and play.

Because it never stops. We do nut up and win games. We can do both.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Staying in the ACC is the right move, leaving a P5 conference would be ill-advised ... but I think there is definitely something to the fact that the conference looks more favorably at the Carolina schools.
The visible evidence for me came several years ago in the ACC Tournament Championship game at the Georgia Dome when Swofford was visibly rooting for Duke vs GT.
He was in the open section of one of the private boxes and could be seen by some from the crowd in the seats.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
No argument... and to this point the only explanation is incompetence. CPJ's complaints should be addressed by the ACC...seems he's working hard on it.

To me, it does matter why...that's the reason I created this thread...to see if there is may be any legitimacy to the conspiracy assertions. So far... no.

If I punch you five times in the face but say it was an accident.....I didn't have it out for you.(y)

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I'm not with this "woe is me" attitude...why don't we just nut up and win the games? If we want respect, just win the games. This happens in every conference with select teams for various reasons.

I don't particularly care one way or the other, this is football...strap up and play.

Would you feel the same if they made only Tech kickoff from the 10 yard line every time?

Or, what if they made us play every game vs Clemson at Clemson? Rules would be the same for both teams...just strap up and play. We would but wouldn't have to like it.

WreckedbyWhiskey

Georgia Tech Fan
Would you feel the same if they made only Tech kickoff from the 10 yard line every time?

Or, what if they made us play every game vs Clemson at Clemson? Rules would be the same for both teams...just strap up and play. We would but wouldn't have to like it.

Definitely not the same. Teams have more than the week of the game to prepare for teams.

Having a bye week does afford additional time but it also has downsides too. Teams with momentum tend to slow down, teams with too much rest time are often sluggish at the start of games.

Just saying, changing this doesn't actually move the needle or make us win more games. No since in bitching about something that's not worth it.