ACC Tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Kind of like the reseeding idea with all the teams being centrally located anyway. However don’t think they’d do it since so much of their viewership is based on people filling out and following their brackets.
You got a point with the bracket stuff. Wouldn’t it suck you got every pick correct except you had some 11 seed knocking off a 6 and your 11 seed got Rona and was cancelled?

Deleted member 2897

Let's not lose sight of the fact that this is a game and ALL the rules are made-up. There's no natural law of physics that determines how a Basketball tournament is supposed to be set up. You play the game you're given and you try to win under the rules.

In the history of sports, I don't think there's ever been a champion that some butt-sore loser didn't complain wasn't legit because X player got injured, or X team wasn't in, or X player shouldn't have been eligible, or the refs made a bad call...

If Tech wins the tournament it'll be just as legit as any other. We played (and hopefully won) the games we were given.

100%. We got absolutely ****ed with the schedule this year, so we don’t owe apologies to anybody. Let’s ****ing go!

crut

Helluva Engineer
"Ush TV" needs to be a permanent feature for the rest of this season and all of next season.
I like where your head is at with next season. Dude has improved SO much this year. The staff has done a great job on his development. I really think he could have a chance at the draft with another year.

Deleted member 2897

By the way, I apologize for using the word **** fairly often on here. It’s a bit of a luxury since the site automatically sensors the word **** when you say it or type it. So it makes me feel like I’m not actually saying the word ****. But I hope it doesn’t annoy or bother people with how frequently I say the word **** or let’s ****ing go. But, let’s go! Boogity boogity boogity lets go racing boys!

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Kansas just had a positive test. So the ACC isn't the only conference with a positive test and a team in jeopardy of missing the tournament.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
You got a point with the bracket stuff. Wouldn’t it suck you got every pick correct except you had some 11 seed knocking off a 6 and your 11 seed got Rona and was cancelled?

I mean that’s gonna happen as they’re doing it now anyway. Im more thinking you can’t fill out a bracket very easily if it’s getting re-seeded every round (you pick an 11 to knock off the 6/3 but instead they’re playing the 1 in the 2nd round after reseeding).

Maybe you play your 1st two rounds and then re-seed? Idk. Anyway you try do it it’s gonna get messy with brackets. That’s why NFL brackets are weird. And NHL used to be too (back when they did top 8 conference teams + reseed).

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Personally, I'd rather have a title with an astrisk vs not having a title. Looking at you 2009 ACC Football Champs
Well that one is a BS asterisk. This one would be a result of an forfeited game against the #1 seed that's beaten us twice.

At this point I'm questioning whether we should just hold out to see if we get a Championship by default due to another positive from UNC or FSU and if not, forfeit the title shot so we don't miss the NCAAT.

Deleted member 2897

People are just losing their **** like this is contagious from just looking at people. Some teams are not totally isolated and they (players and coaches) are still meeting with family and friends on the side. You can do all this and not get Covid.

Deleted member 2897

Kansas just had a positive test. So the ACC isn't the only conference with a positive test and a team in jeopardy of missing the tournament.

Pastner was explaining what a sacrifice it is for them to be isolated in a hotel and unable to have close contact with friends or even family. Right now everyone wants to celebrate the end of the season, tournaments, etc. The weather is nice so more people are gathering. 70% of spread is from asymptomatic people. It’s a big risk to mingle around right now with their playing restrictions.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Pastner was explaining what a sacrifice it is for them to be isolated in a hotel and unable to have close contact with friends or even family. Right now everyone wants to celebrate the end of the season, tournaments, etc. The weather is nice so more people are gathering. 70% of spread is from asymptomatic people. It’s a big risk to mingle around right now with their playing restrictions.

It isn't irony but karma in a way that Pastner was more cautious than others to start the season and we weren't as ready. Again, Pastner is more cautious than others and it seems to be paying off. Maybe doing the right thing does pay off in the long run.

BTW, I still love Pastner's boyish enthusiasm for the game and his players.

Status
Not open for further replies.