ACC Tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I like our chances vs FSU more than UNC
Especially, if UVA and Puke shared that same locker room.
Would not mind an a-symptomatic player on Cheats or Free Shoes, testing positive. ACC Champs, GT, sounds perfect.

Side note: my son tested positive this week, with none of the symptoms.

GTBatGirl96

Jolly Good Fellow
Especially, if UVA and Puke shared that same locker room.
Would not mind an a-symptomatic player on Cheats or Free Shoes, testing positive. ACC Champs, GT, sounds perfect.

Side note: my son tested positive this week, with none of the symptoms.
Oooh, sorry about your son. I hope he gets through ok.

Man, if we get acc champs by default, a year after serving our postseason "ban" for a canceled tournament, that's some 4D chess our coaches are playing (kidding, but not really).

crut

Helluva Engineer
My understanding with NCAAT protocols is that a positive test doesn't knock other players out. If a person can get there 7 consecutive negative tests, they are still good to go.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
We have gotten really lucky the past couple of weeks when it comes to the ACCT. It doesn't take away from our run, but we needed Clemson to lose and they did @Cuse. We needed UL to lose and they did. Then we got to face the only first day team to make it to the quarters and benefit from them having tired legs. Now the team who beat us twice gets covid and we go to the finals where we'll have an extra day rest facing potentially a team playing it's 4th game in 4 days.

I really, REALLY, don't want whoever we face to pop for covid. That wouldn't be earning a championship and I want our guys to earn it. It will already somewhat feel tainted but even more so if we won the ACCT just by beating the 13th seed.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
This cancellation puts us right in the 8/9 seed territory with a win in the title game. A win against UVA and FSU could've gotten us to a 7 or 6 seed. Without the UVA game, I don't see us getting that high.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
We also got really unlucky with the scheduling (playing the top teams in conference and almost none of the basement; the stretch of games with little to no rest; inability to make up games we felt we needed).

If the season as a whole gets a note as uncommon then fine, but to suggest we didn’t earn what we got is foolishness. We played the same crappy hand everyone else did due to Covid this year. Took some early loses due to overcompensating our avoidance plan and battled back.

This team deserves every recognition we get this year and more.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
We also got really unlucky with the scheduling (playing the top teams in conference and almost none of the basement; the stretch of games with little to no rest; inability to make up games we felt we needed).

If the season as a whole gets a note as uncommon then fine, but to suggest we didn’t earn what we got is foolishness. We played the same crappy hand everyone else did due to Covid this year. Took some early loses due to overcompensating our avoidance plan and battled back.

This team deserves every recognition we get this year and more.

GT has earned everything we've gotten this year. Anyone who disagrees needs to look at this stat:

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
This 7 days of negative tests requirement is doing some wild stuff. Just hope we can stay clean.
Also to any hater anywhere saying we don’t deserve this - take a long hike off a short pier.

To me this isn't a good thing for us. Our players deserve to be able to go out and win a championship on the court. And of course they can do that tomorrow, but they don't need the fact that the #1 seed who beat us twice popped for covid right before our game in their head. You want there to be no doubt, and unfortunately, because of this there will be doubt.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
So a friend was saying Duke made a big deal about not staying in Greensboro for the tournament but commuting from Durham instead. If that's the case, and they end up as the only team who withdraws due to covid, that's gonna be pointed to as a crucial mistake. If you're deciding to just commute, I would assume your other protocols aren't that strict.
They had a cluster of 102 students test positive. Must have included some athletes. Lots of off campus partying.

Status
Not open for further replies.