ACC Tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Good thing is we get a "day of rest"... although I assume we are doing some "minor" practicing somewhere / somehow.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
To me this isn't a good thing for us. Our players deserve to be able to go out and win a championship on the court. And of course they can do that tomorrow, but they don't need the fact that the #1 seed who beat us twice popped for covid right before our game in their head. You want there to be no doubt, and unfortunately, because of this there will be doubt.
Yeah I'm sure Jose and Moses will not even smile when they are handed to ACC Tourny Champions Trophy after we win tomorrow. Just devastating to a team.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
To me this isn't a good thing for us. Our players deserve to be able to go out and win a championship on the court. And of course they can do that tomorrow, but they don't need the fact that the #1 seed who beat us twice popped for covid right before our game in their head. You want there to be no doubt, and unfortunately, because of this there will be doubt.
I couldn’t agree more and would rather have played the game. I am simply stating that anyone who says we didn’t deserve this is trading in foolishness.
The whole season deserves the footnote not the microcosm of the tournament. We took our lumps and played the ball just like everyone else. I’m terrified of the team getting exposed and having the tournament be snatched from us, but the last thing we should have is our own fan base running around saying we didn’t earn the win. We sure as heck earned the seeding and the rules are the rules. It is like saying you didn’t win if the other team’s best player couldn’t play. I know this is a step further as the team withdrew, but no one said the ACCT wouldn’t have counted last year because we withdrew.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Part of me is pumped to be in the title game. Part of me really wanted another crack at uva after we gave them two good runs.

Regardless, there will be no asterisk as long as we get to play the championship game. Not sure who I’d want. We’ve already beaten both. FSU is probably the worse team right now. But UNC would be playing their 4th game in 4 days running and up-tempo style.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
I really feel for UVA. They have a solid program, but can't take anything away from GT. We really had a tough stretch to end the regular season and thoroughly deserve to be here.

Hope UVA recovers quickly and can make it to the NCAAT.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Yay?...I don't know man...doesn't feel right. I hope we at least get to play tomorrow. If that gets cancelled and then we are crowned champions it wouldn't be very exciting.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
They probably feel it better to not play now since a lock in the NCAAT. Guess the entire team was exposed.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Their contact tracing took a big hit after that win yesterday.

"Further complicating things is the fact that UVA’s entire team jumped on Reece Beekman after his game-winning, buzzer-beating three-pointer against Syracuse on Thursday, meaning all members of the team will likely be deemed close contacts."

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Any o' these non-GT b*tches complainin' or saying there should be an asterisk .....

idc1.gif

They can tell me how my a** taste.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Yeah I'm sure Jose and Moses will not even smile when they are handed to ACC Tourny Champions Trophy after we win tomorrow. Just devastating to a team.

Do you think they'll be excited if FSU beats UNC, pops for Covid and they get the champion by default? Do you think their reaction to being told that UVA withdrew because of covid matches what we saw yesterday from Jose at the end of the miami game?

I know this is a step further as the team withdrew, but no one said the ACCT wouldn’t have counted last year because we withdrew.

And nobody would have said anything about it not counting this year because Duke withdrew. It's different when a team with a legit claim to best in the league has to withdraw.

Status
Not open for further replies.