ACC Tournament Play

How many ACC tournament games will we win?

Votes: 6 31.6%

Votes: 3 15.8%

Votes: 7 36.8%

Votes: 3 15.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can hear that annoying "uh-huh" Miami fan on tv. I was so glad GT beat them in Greensboro 2 years ago. If it wasn't for Wes tv would be on mute! Please God let GT come back and win, uh-huh!
I didn't know who that was I was hearing on TV. Typical um fan, they are about as obnoxious as ugag pups are. Bart is a badarse.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Miami lost one of their stud pitchers in the 7th to shoulder spasms. Lepore was 8-0 with a 2.37 ERA. Miami better hope that is all it is or their NCAA chances went down a lot. I would think Miami would rather have him back than a win.

Anyway T8 after Bart throws out an attempted steal. Nice.

5 outs to get 3 or more runs ....... Miami has great pitching and defense.

Update: 3 up and down. We are helping Bartow (UM pitcher) out a lot. Looks like he has thrown 20 pitches in 2 innings and only 10 strikes.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
I haven't been able to watch the game today but it sounds like one of those games you just tip your cap to the other team. C'est la vie.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Lost 0-4. But did a lot better than the last two times we played UM. Great job by Parr. I'm most relieved that we didn't get embarrassed.

FSU and NCState should be easier given how they have been playing.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
I can hear that annoying "uh-huh" Miami fan on tv. I was so glad GT beat them in Greensboro 2 years ago. If it wasn't for Wes tv would be on mute! Please God let GT come back and win, uh-huh!

What an obnoxious a-hole. Wished he got hit by a foul ball. The first time they had the tournament in Durham, me and a NC State grad friend of mine were watching Tech vs Miami play (1st. game) and had to put up with this obnoxious tarhole fan. Needless to say we lost the game and really didn't do so well in the tournament but went to watch each day. She kept on and on through the whole damn tournament.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Miami played like a Top 5 team. Mistake free w quality pitching. We just couldn't get a timely hit or string anything together. They got us.

I'm pretty sure only path (there is still one) to championship is for us to win 2 & UM lose 2. Long odds.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Parr was awesome. I still think our strategy should be put a guy out there to start and after the first walk he gives up, put in another guy. Seems most of the guys have done great in relief but really struggle when starting.

crl85

Jolly Good Fellow
Above all I hope this tournament helps us figure out how to use our pitchers. Gorst and gold are money. Just need to find out how to platoon another staff together for a game.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Above all I hope this tournament helps us figure out how to use our pitchers. Gorst and gold are money. Just need to find out how to platoon another staff together for a game.

We didn't start our statistically best pitcher today with Lee. After today, Lee actually managed to drop below Pitts in ERA. http://www.d1baseball.com/player-rankings/georgia-tech/

I'd guess Dulaney tomorrow. FSU and NCState should be easier as they can't afford to put their aces in against us with Miami as the clear favorite as well as having to play each other.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
... Much closer than it could have been today. Hopefully we can pull out at least 1 win over the next two days. Two would give us a chance to advance (duh).

65Jacket

GT Athlete
Dulaney warmed up today in the pen. I think Ryan or Pitts tomorrow. Had I known before hand that Miami would score 4 runs, I would have thought we would win for certain.I agree that Hall should have changed pitchers after the first walk, at least after the second. Lee was put in a position that overwhelmed him.
Our hitters had the popups today. That guy was Miami's week day starter. Someone should have shut up that uh huh idiot. It was unbearable to listen to the game with his noise.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Dulaney warmed up today in the pen. I think Ryan or Pitts tomorrow. Had I known before hand that Miami would score 4 runs, I would have thought we would win for certain.I agree that Hall should have changed pitchers after the first walk, at least after the second. Lee was put in a position that overwhelmed him.
Our hitters had the popups today. That guy was Miami's week day starter.

I am guessing Ryan tomorrow. Pitts/Dulaney/Gibson in long relief and then one of them will start Friday is my guess.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Parr was sent from dugout to warm in bullpen after the 3rd batter... less than 15 pitches into game. I'd call that quick decision/short leash for CDH. So was CDH slow to make the move (ultimately) or did it take that long for Parr to be ready. I don't know. Parr pitched a great game, though.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Parr was sent from dugout to warm in bullpen after the 3rd batter... less than 15 pitches into game. I'd call that quick decision/short leash for CDH. So was CDH slow to make the move (ultimately) or did it take that long for Parr to be ready. I don't know. Parr pitched a great game, though.

After all these years, you'd think the GT coaching staff would be ready for such an eventuality as a pitcher not being able to throw strikes? And then stall with multiple visits to give Parr a bit more time? See it all the time from other team's coaches. This type of slowness to pull players is why I have the opinion that Hall often favors the individual players more than the team at least compared to other managers. Hall has lots of strengths, which is why he is the winningest baseball coach in GT history. And this emphasis on the players may be part of the reason why they love him so much and he recruits so well. No free lunch.

Anyway, Miami is very good. D1 Baseball talks about how great both Miami and Louisville "mid-week" starters are. So good in fact that both teams have only lost one mid-week game all year. They quoted Lepore as saying he was fine and expected to start next weekend. D1 said he did a great job limiting us to 3 hits in 6 innings against our "fearsome" offense. Also (deserved) kudos to Parr:
"Overshadowed by Lepore’s strong start, Georgia Tech got 6.2 brilliant innings of relief from lefthander Ben Parr, who entered a tough spot with the bases loaded and one out in the first inning after the Hurricanes jumped on freshman starter Jake Lee. Parr allowed two inherited runners to score on an infield single and a squeeze, but he held Miami scoreless from that point through the seventh inning, allowing just two more hits. Parr, a low three-quarters slinger, pitched heavily off his 87-89 mph fastball, which has good deception and riding, tailing life. He was a tough matchup for Miami’s four key lefthanded hitters in the heart of the lineup.

“Well, they have a lot of lefties, so that played into my strengths, lefty-lefty,” Parr said. They take some big swings, so you just have to kind of trick them a little bit more than other teams, especially if you get behind in the count.”

Last edited:

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Parr was outstanding and I really don't recall him throwing anything but fastballs the whole game. Seemed every pitch was 86-89 mph. He may have snuck a few offspeed pitches in there that I didn't notice.