ACC Tournament 2021

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Clemson defense is terrible. This inning:

- Error from 2B who throws it 8 feet wide of 1st.

- Bunt single thats not even close enough to warrant a throw.

- 3 run homer.

- Single. Pitcher sniffs out a SB attempt with a pitchout to 1st and the 1B decides not to throw to 2nd to catch the guy. SS just stared at him for like 10 seconds with a wtf look.

- RBI Double. OF fields the ball off his chest and has to chase it.

- Error, SS throws a grounder into the dugout

Last edited:

Deleted member 2897

Louisville still batting B8 up 15-10. Clemson finally succeeded in B7 to hold them to no runs. Louisville scored in innings 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8. LOL. Every inning but one.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
In the last 30 days we are nowhere near the bottom in fielding probably. We were way below everyone else the first two months.

Clempy down 9-14 with only 6 outs to go.

@FredJacket starting tomorrow night. Clempy falls 10-15. Doubt they make NCAAs.

Better team won. Not upset Clempy lost. Would have been easier for us if Clempy had won.

Go UVa!!

GTJon

Jolly Good Fellow
Game for Clemson against us truly means nothing for them now. No postseason possibilities and can't advance further in conference tourney. And they're not even really able to be a "spoiler" because the game has very little impact for us in our postseason plans. For Louisville, I think I read that their Friday starter left the game last week early with an injury. No telling what that means or if he will be available at all against us. However, they've got several pitchers with big game experience so whoever they throw out there is likely to be formidable. It was their closer that started today and based on number of pitches, I'd assume he could give them an inning on Thursday if needed.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Louisville used 4 pitchers total, 2 relievers (who started) and two starters (who relieved). They threw 55, 32, 71, and 20 pitches each. The first two were totally ineffective (gave up 5 & 3 runs in 2 innings each).

The guy that did the "heavy lifting" for them looks like he was a spot starter for them.

The guy that closed it (1 inning, 20 pitches) seems like he was their Friday starter for most of the year and then they moved him to the pen the last couple of weeks.

No idea what their pitching strategy is, but apparently they saved one of the starters that they trust for us.

It doesn't really matter much if Hurter is on, we are competitive with anyone.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
@FredJacket starting tomorrow night. Clempy falls 10-15. Doubt they make NCAAs.

Better team won. Not upset Clempy lost. Would have been easier for us if Clempy had won.

Go UVa!!

Yeah I have a similar sentiment. Would’ve been a lot easier for us if Clemson had won, but UL clearly deserved it. Clemson has a few hitters but looked bad all over the field today.

We should be throwing Hurter on Thursday against Clemson with a normal week’s rest. If we play this right and he has a quality start on Thursday we could go into the SF with essentially the entire staff at our disposal outside of Hurter.

Also, supposedly Hall was taking BP in Charlotte. If he’s healthy, wouldn’t be surprised to see his left-handed bat get some run in this park this week. Seemingly all you’ve got to do is get it up and it’ll carry out of RF.

Deleted member 2897

Oh jeez, I forgot the schedule is set and we don't play the winner, we play Clemson. Then we play Louisville, who happens to be the winner. So ****ing stupid.